Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My D4 CS Build
Starting this thread to chronicle the progress of my Sakura D4 CS. This is my first drift car, and first time building an RC kit (owned RTRs in the past).

For electronics I went with:
-Yeah Racing Hackmoto V2 13T
-Yeah Racing Hackgear Servo
-Yeah Racing Tritronic

If, more likely when, I convert the car to RWD I will likely switch to a 10.5T brushless setup and add a gyro.

First planned upgrade for now is going to be period correct wheels to match the ABC Hobbies R30 body that will be going on it.

Here's the progress I've managed to make so far.

[Image: rztm6p8wdlrgijaoy6qn.jpg]

I'll post an update once the chassis is complete.
Hi and congrats on getting a kit. Since you got a nice body shell, I would suggest you get another for practice, a cheaper one. I didn't have so much luck not crashing into walls and stuff when starting out. Cs requires lot of practice. Up to now I still can't drive a Cs car,Without crashing.
To me it's a little weird driving cs as you have to turn early to get the car in the direction of the drift. Try it out first and see if you like it. Since your have the d4 some small mods get you to rwd easily.

Good luck

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Team Magic - E4D(4) RWD - Sakura D4 RWD
Looks great! I wish I had motivation to put in time on my own build lol
Don't be a douche and help the next guy.

You can do it. Even 30mins a day and you will have it done in no time.
I like devoting a whole night to assembling my cars. Little bits here and there are an easy way for me to lose things or mess up on certain steps in my experience.
Don't be a douche and help the next guy.

I've been working on it a bit each night, gotta work around taking care of my dog and giving my fiance enough attention too. haha I just make sure I finish whatever bag I'm working on that night, so that I don't have loose anything lying around.

Speaking of, made a decent bit of progress last night. 

[Image: A2yMnbQ.jpg]

However, I've run into a bit of a snag with the location of the wires on the battery I went with.
[Image: Z69mCRZ.jpg]

My first thought is to just secure the gate with a small bungie or something. Or take a rotary grinder and notch the gate enough that it doesn't contact the wires, but it looks like I'd need to take a decent chunk out of it. Anyone have recommendations for other solutions? Aftermarket battery tray or some other form of mounting that would work?
You can leave the gate off for now and try. I only secure my battery with Velcro. Is this your only battery ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Team Magic - E4D(4) RWD - Sakura D4 RWD
I ended up taking a dremel to it and made enough of a cut to make it work.

That is my only battery.