Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My New D4 Rwd
Setup is great. The damper help to keep my wheels flat to the ground going in and out of the corner. I notice that due to this I have I slightly faster entry and exit of corners.

I tried to lighten the car more, somehow instead of making it slower the car got faster. I used my nsx body shell as it was lighter then the team magic rx7.

In terms of handling the car is wilder with a shorter back. It was much better then before. As you lighten the throttle you can see the car gripping and pulling away again

I tried a diffuser from the yd2 and it was more stable in the corners. Less correction in angles while in drift

It's funny when a rwd can almost keep up with an awd

Some people might not like this setup as it is grippy.

Sent from my SM-N7505 using Tapatalk
Team Magic - E4D(4) RWD - Sakura D4 RWD
(03-11-2017, 01:41 AM)littlemonsta Wrote:  Here is a video of my car.
https://youtu.be/Zxm9BzNpAis

Sent from my Lenovo P1a42 using Tapatalk

What is the clipping point made from, looks like it's a soda can to me?
Gramps
---------------------------------------------------
MST RMX 2.0S 
MST FXX-D
Exceed RC MadPulse awd

(05-29-2017, 08:21 PM)Gramps50 Wrote:  
(03-11-2017, 01:41 AM)littlemonsta Wrote:  Here is a video of my car.
https://youtu.be/Zxm9BzNpAis

What is the clipping point made from, looks like it's a soda can to me?
Haha yes we are cheap buggers.

The track owner recently open up this track. Most of us try to help when possible to keep the track goinf. This is a diy clipping point made out of an old clamp.

I made a couple like this for our local track
[Image: 20170525_185915-M.jpg]
Gramps
MST RMX 2.0S 
MST FXX-D
Exceed RC MadPulse awd

(05-30-2017, 10:00 PM)Gramps50 Wrote:  I made a couple like this for our local track
[Image: 20170525_185915-M.jpg]
That looks really good. What do you use to make it.

We have a mix of players here and also cs cars. Honestly the clipping point takes a good beating. Since there are no barriers on the track.

Every other minute someone will be running to the clipping point to reset it. Lol.

It's 2.5" end PVC end caps (flat bottoms) The top one is threaded for 1/2" pipe, I then screw in a 1/2" to 1/2" CPVC adapter. The upright is 8" the are is 12" I glue the 2 end caps together using PVC glue and cleaner (clear). The orange and black straps are duct tape from Walmart. Put the tape on then I pour 4 1oz cups of steel shot in the base for weight.. The glue the upright in. I leave the elbow and arm unglued but they could be glued too. The picture above I drilled but the 1/2" x1/2" adapter is much easier.

I've got a couple more to build and I'll do a better write up with pictures. The next 2 will have balls from a paddle ball purchased at the dollar store.
Gramps
MST RMX 2.0S 
MST FXX-D
Exceed RC MadPulse awd

(05-31-2017, 09:22 PM)Gramps50 Wrote:  It's 2.5" end PVC end caps (flat bottoms) The top one is threaded for 1/2" pipe, I then screw in a 1/2" to 1/2" CPVC adapter. The upright is 8" the are is 12" I glue the 2 end caps together using PVC glue and cleaner (clear). The orange and black straps are duct tape from Walmart. Put the tape on then I pour 4 1oz cups of steel shot in the base for weight.. The glue the upright in. I leave the elbow and arm unglued but they could be glued too. The picture above I drilled but the 1/2" x1/2" adapter is much easier.

I've got a couple more to build and I'll do a better write up with pictures. The next 2 will have balls from a paddle ball purchased at the dollar store.
That's great. I'm not sure if I can get steel shots here. I'm sure I should be able to fill it with something else that is heavy.

But the PVC pipes not a problem. Thank you will start this little project too.