Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My rwd settings guide
(07-13-2017, 09:22 PM)littlemonsta Wrote:  Positive toe is toe in. Neg toe is toe out.

Sent from my Lenovo P1a42 using Tapatalk

Your right what was I thinking, brain fart I guess. Thanks for straightening me out.

Alot of good information here.

On my setup sheets I just copy what hasn't changed and then enter the changes in Red, that way I can look at it later and see exactly what was changed. I agree writing it all down it to time consuming I have picture Setup sheets that can be found at most manufactures.
Gramps
---------------------------------------------------
MST RMX 2.0S 
MST FXX-D
Exceed RC MadPulse awd

@gramps50 lol not a problem. We are all learning. Sharing experiences helps shorten the learning curve.

There's still a lot to learn for proper tuning. Most videos touch the tip of the surface on topics.

I might say my settings are wrong again 1 year down the road. Haha.

Sent from my SM-N7505 using Tapatalk
Team Magic - E4D(4) RWD - Sakura D4 RWD
(07-15-2017, 07:12 PM)littlemonsta Wrote:  @gramps50 lol not a problem. We are all learning. Sharing experiences helps shorten the learning curve.

There's still a lot to learn for proper tuning. Most videos touch the tip of the surface on topics.

Sent from my SM-N7505 using Tapatalk

I appreciated your input on tuning its a helpful thread for first time 2wd builders like myself. One thing that really stood out to me as an advantage in tuning is keeping good records of changes. I've been tuning my CS car for four years but I couldn't tell  you were I started or how many changes I made or their impact on the cars performance. I'm going to build a set up sheet and start keeping some information, thanks.
Setup sheets are great when you know what you are doing. You need to follow you cars basic setup first and get used to the car. Then tweak accordingly to your style and what you want to achieve. For me, there are 2 uses for setup sheets, one different track environment and the other to remember master setup I like. I honestly don't like making major changes to the car settings. Each time you change a setting you have to get used to the handling of the car again.
This means your braking points change, changes in the counter timing, how your car reacts etc.

To see the effects of your tuning, you need a partner or a drift buddy. Do minor tuning to the car where you tune 1 item at a time. If it's caster then it's just caster for that week.

IMO,The common problem is that people in my track blame the setup of the car. Just last night one guy in my track was complaining about severe oversteering on his DPM. When I drove his car, it was very good already. The problem was the heavy finger after a corner.

Hope this help you all.

Sent from my Lenovo P1a42 using Tapatalk
Team Magic - E4D(4) RWD - Sakura D4 RWD
I had a Yokomo YD-2 that was drifting pretty well on carpet using a carpet setup from Yokomo. My track them switched to polished concrete. The other guys didn't have much of a problem changing over, all more experienced than me. I had a heck of a time. Found a concrete setup but it made it worse. I got so fustrated that I put the YD-2 away and started drifting a MST FXX-D that I got in a trade.

Put the YD-2 back to the out of the box setup and it still was a hand full. Going into a fast corner it would push like a dump truck. I took the motor, esc & servo out and put them in a D4 that I got in the same trade as the FXX-D. Decided to put the electronics back into the YD-2 with the only changes made from stock was I dropped 2 teeth on the pinion to slow the 8.5T motor down a little. Tried a set of Yokomo DRA tires. On my basement track which is concrete and tile and small I was able to get it to drift pretty decent. Changed tires to the ones I had been using on the fxx-d & it was a little better which were MST gold dots. Put some orange dot MST's on it that I had and it was even better. Haven't had a chance to take it to the track to see what it will do. Hopefully I will be able to do that Friday.

I learned my lesson no more wholesale changes. If you change more than one thing you don't know what helped or didn't help. Like @littlenonsta said only change one thing at a time then drive it for a while to get use to the change, that is the only way you will know if it helped or not.
Gramps
---------------------------------------------------
MST RMX 2.0S 
MST FXX-D
Exceed RC MadPulse awd