Narrow rounded front tires.

5 Replies, 3832 Views

This seems to be a trend that's happening. I personally need this for my car as my steering wiper gets in contact with my inner wheel while turning right.

I was wondering if there were any other methods of trimming a wheel and tire down for more clearance and/or better constant traction.
Team Ghost Drift
[Image: TGD+official+WHITE+side+decal+Osaka-Sans...+edit1.png]
MST FXX-D VIP|MST FXX-D S|MST XXX-D S HT
(This post was last modified: 09-09-2013, 04:40 PM by aznpulse.)
I simply use a handsaw to make the rims more narrow and sand them after that. - Granted, the "cutter method" looks more neat, but I don ´t own a tire truer.

Making your own tires is a lot of hassle and dirt, I tried it once. ^^ ... So now I am buying them.
I get mine from Hei-Ko here >>>
You could try putting a long bolt through the wheel than putting a nut on the bolt and than putting that bolt in a drill and than you would have a ghetto lathe. If you could then zip tie the drill to something to keep it from moving with out having to hold it in place it would probably work pretty well.
(This post was last modified: 09-10-2013, 01:16 AM by kungpow.)
(09-10-2013, 01:16 AM)kungpow Wrote: You could try putting a long bolt through the wheel than putting a nut on the bolt and than putting that bolt in a drill and than you would have a ghetto lathe. If you could then zip tie the drill to something to keep it from moving with out having to hold it in place it would probably work pretty well.

That's a great concept! I will give it a try.
Team Ghost Drift
[Image: TGD+official+WHITE+side+decal+Osaka-Sans...+edit1.png]
MST FXX-D VIP|MST FXX-D S|MST XXX-D S HT
i always use the drill and a #10 machine screw and nut for the rim and it sure works.. getto.. maybe, but it does work.
(09-10-2013, 01:16 AM)kungpow Wrote: You could try putting a long bolt through the wheel than putting a nut on the bolt and than putting that bolt in a drill and than you would have a ghetto lathe. If you could then zip tie the drill to something to keep it from moving with out having to hold it in place it would probably work pretty well.

^^ this is how I do mine and it works really well for such a ghetto method lol but a damn lot easier than trying to saw them and the outcome is as good as this guy gets with the tire truer :B):