Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need Electronic Help for Smooth Concrete
I just got an MST MS-01D PRO and need help with electronics. I'm running on smooth (not polished) concrete in my garage. I will also do some drifting in my basement on the laminate hardwoods (also not polished). Need help with Motor and ESC.

~Motor and ESC Needs~
~Brushless
~Sensored
~Reliable
~Good for the Smooth Concrete*
*I don't know the amount of turns sitable for this surface.
MST MS-01D Pro - Speed Passion Reventon R/Speed Passion "Dokyo" 10.5T Sensored Brushless Motor/Hi-Tec HS-5496MH/Gens Ace 7.4V LiPo 5300 Mah 30C 
Axial Wraith - Holmes Hobbies BR-XL WP/Holmes Hobbies Torquemaster Pro 35T/2 Hi-Tec HS-7954SH/Gens Ace 11.1V LiPo 5000Mah 40C
Depends on how much u want to spend... cheap but good quality: hobby wing and speed passion expensive: tekin or keyance..

How you tune the car is most important
Speed passion Nuff said
Midwest Slidewayz RC drift club

Chicagoland Toys and Hobbies
Hikotech Bianca
Eagle Racing Drift Fleet
Speed Passion USA
Futaba
Savox
(08-18-2014, 08:58 PM)Frias65 Wrote:  Depends on how much u want to spend... cheap but good quality: hobby wing and speed passion expensive: tekin or keyance..

Oh sorry i forgot to include that. I would like to be anywhere around or under $180.
And also what turn should I get for Brushless on smooth concrete. I read on a few other forums that you need different turns if you are on different surfaces.
MST MS-01D Pro - Speed Passion Reventon R/Speed Passion "Dokyo" 10.5T Sensored Brushless Motor/Hi-Tec HS-5496MH/Gens Ace 7.4V LiPo 5300 Mah 30C 
Axial Wraith - Holmes Hobbies BR-XL WP/Holmes Hobbies Torquemaster Pro 35T/2 Hi-Tec HS-7954SH/Gens Ace 11.1V LiPo 5000Mah 40C
(08-19-2014, 08:25 AM)lostonthetrails Wrote:  
(08-18-2014, 08:58 PM)Frias65 Wrote:  Depends on how much u want to spend... cheap but good quality: hobby wing and speed passion expensive: tekin or keyance..

Oh sorry i forgot to include that. I would like to be anywhere around or under $180.
And also what turn should I get for Brushless on smooth concrete. I read on a few other forums that you need different turns if you are on different surfaces.
Then either hobby wing or speed passion. Both will work well. I would try to see which one is cheaper and go with that lol. For the turns anywhere between 13.5t to 8.5t will be good.. you can go 7.5t if u can handle it or if ur track is huge lol
13.5 is good all around, I love the Speed Passions esc's at their price... lots of practice will heat up an esc tho...
(08-19-2014, 11:13 AM)redeyes Wrote:  13.5 is good all around, I love the Speed Passions esc's at their price... lots of practice will heat up an esc tho...

What esc should i get and what motor should i get. I was looking at this but that one is a lot compared to some of the lesser models. What is the difference between the Reventon Pro 1.1 and other ones like Reventon S or Reventon R.
Pro is favoured by racers. R is already more than you'd need
& S does a fine job in most cases, especially for drift.

But most S combos commonly found are sensorless,
you need to find a sensored motor version.
Same ESC.
[Image: MRCsig.gif]
the revention r's are sic, tons of features I just wish they had higher amp rating...
(08-19-2014, 12:21 PM)tamiya Wrote:  Pro is favoured by racers. R is already more than you'd need
& S does a fine job in most cases, especially for drift.

But most S combos commonly found are sensorless,
you need to find a sensored motor version.
Same ESC.

So I think Reventon Ris what i'm looking for. I found this but how is this motor. I come from crawling and Brushless is more expensive by a significant amount. How is this motor and if it is not good, what else should I get. I will make separate purchases of the ESC and motor as long as I know they are compatible.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Electronic Parts for Beginner? shingojrshingojr 2 1,300 09-29-2016, 03:17 PM
Last Post: rgannon1986
  Polished concrete tires idroppedthegrenade 5 2,168 04-28-2016, 05:07 PM
Last Post: Tiger.T