Need help finding a build!

5 Replies, 3223 Views

I'm fairly new to rc drifting. I have a shitty vaterra drift car, all plastic. broke in an hour of having it. I'm looking for a strong chassis, RWD, a remote transmitter, and a motor... and anything else I'd need that wouldnt come with the chassis. I'll spend 400$ at most. Shooting for 200-300$ USD though. 
If anyone could help me out with this id be so happy!
Thanks
[Image: GVY2q3V.png]
For a chassis, I'd definitely recommend a Sakura D4. Tons of upgrades out there and very little needed to make it a capable RWD drifter.
If you re-use the electronics from your Vaterra I would suggest buildling either a 3Racing D4 as well, or a D-Like Evol Soundmeister. Raikou sells them for under $300 I believe and these are solid chassis.
>> For 3D printed Weight Shift products and more checkout www.oversliders.net <<
If I was helpful to you, make sure to hit the "Rate" button and leave me a positive review, Thank you.
(06-09-2016, 05:04 PM)Tommy R Wrote: For a chassis, I'd definitely recommend a Sakura D4.  Tons of upgrades out there and very little needed to make it a capable RWD drifter.

I'll look into it, thanks!
(06-10-2016, 11:20 AM)Tiger.T Wrote: If you re-use the electronics from your Vaterra I would suggest buildling either a 3Racing D4 as well, or a D-Like Evol Soundmeister. Raikou sells them for under $300 I believe and these are solid chassis.

Yeah, I'm planning on using the radio transmitter from my vaterra, but buying a bushless motor. Thanks for the help!
Why are you referring to the D4, first off it's a knock-off of Overdose and secondly, it's shit.. It has so much flex, the parts won't fit and the thing drives worse that my old Eagle Racing TT02 Rwd..

If you were to start somewhere, start with the companies, that makes drift cars, like MST or Yokomo.

The YD-2 is a proven beginner friendly chassis and the new MST RMX-S 2.0 is the new YD-2 killer on the block and the prices are low enough that most people can afford them. I don't exactly know what the YD-2 is priced at, but the RMX 2.0 is at $175 - That's cheap and i'm building my nr. 2 (traded one off to a FMX-Pro) But my second will be my main because it's so awesome.

The Sakura D4 haven't really sparked my interest since i saw a buddy have so much trouble with it, saw the plastic (It's fiberglass thin plastic) that holds the top and bottom - Aluparts that are pink (I mean who want's pink?) The steering rail was weird and the overall feel of it is too cheap.
MST XXX-D VIP - CS 2.0 - Main

MST FMX-D PRO - RWD - Main

MST RMX-S 2.0 - RWD - Secondary