Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need suggestions for my hpi sprint 2 flux
Hey i have a hpi sprint 2 flux and i want to make it a drift car can someone tell what to do and what i need please

Thanks

Sent from my GT-I9100 using DriftMission.com, powered by appyet.com
just some drift tires unless it came with em.
Other things to make it drift better will be to lock the rear diff, one way, the upgraded dogbones up front, and you can shave down C hubs for more steering angle. Also get softer springs
(08-11-2014, 08:18 PM)Frias65 Wrote:  just some drift tires unless it came with em.
Other things to make it drift better will be to lock the rear diff, one way, the upgraded dogbones up front, and you can shave down C hubs for more steering angle. Also get softer springs

yup. locking the rear diff, and getting new suspension with soft springs makes all the difference with the Sprint 2. the stock Sprint 2 shocks and springs are no good for drifting. spring are way too hard and shocks aren't smooth enough IMO. A front one-way should help, but some people hate it. more steering angle will help, but an upgraded (faster) servo would be a better investment first.
HPI Sprint 2 Flux - full carbon fiber/aluminum upgrades 50/50
HPI Sprint 2 Flux - RWD project
HPI RS4 Sport 3  - carbon fiber/aluminum shelf queen
on 50-50 cars I do not mind a slower servo, but a cs one will definitely need one
one more thing... just go lipo :)
Ok thank you both what suspension do you suggest and someone told me that geting different size cogs for the belt, something like that is that good?

(08-11-2014, 08:38 PM)Gregory Wrote:  Ok thank you both what suspension do you suggest and someone told me that geting different size cogs for the belt, something like that is that good?

just softer springs.. I recommend the mst dk springs
(08-11-2014, 08:18 PM)Frias65 Wrote:  just some drift tires unless it came with em.

Yep, that pretty much sums it up, but you may also want to get some better electronics, I heard that RcMart has tons of combos that might be helpful. Or do you already have a good brushless system? If so, then I just recommend doing a front motor conversion. I hope it helped.
*Everyone enjoy DM*

What I am currently having fun with: Yokomo DiB Ver.2 (In Blue)
forgot to mention... pick up the castle link programmer, it'll help tremendously.

when your stock shocks start to leak (and they will) pick up some TRF's or Yeah Racing if on a tight budget.
HPI Sprint 2 Flux - full carbon fiber/aluminum upgrades 50/50
HPI Sprint 2 Flux - RWD project
HPI RS4 Sport 3  - carbon fiber/aluminum shelf queen

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  hpi sprint flux 2 Gilbert310 3 788 04-01-2016, 05:02 PM
Last Post: wilkewhaq
  HPI sprint 2 flux D3 steering conversion! BlackLow89 2 1,938 03-23-2016, 09:57 PM
Last Post: hellahella
  Body shell question - Will Tamiya body fit HPI Sprint 2 Flux chassis? foku5 9 11,733 09-16-2013, 04:16 AM
Last Post: foku5