Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need your help guys.
I finished assembling my yokomo YD-2 Plus this week. I have the racing performer brushless speed controller and Futaba T4PLS. 

The frustrating thing now is the car does not go reverse, and not sure what I have done  wrong so that the does not go reverse. 

Also the ESC keeps blinking green. 

I really need to help guys and hoping to get some insight in order to sort out this issue.
Hello,

This might seem like a simplistic question, but have you set your ESC endpoints and programmed your speed controller to have reserve activated? I know that Yokomo ESCs sometimes come with reverse disabled or with a 2.5 second delay from the factory between forward and reverse.

-Vic
Stable
  • Yokomo DIB275 Premium (RWD Conversion)
  • Yokomo DPR (Hayato Yoshiba Spec)
  • Yokomo YD-4
  • Yokomo YD-2 PLUS
Drift Gundam Blog
(11-04-2016, 01:14 PM)DriftGundam Wrote:  Hello,

This might seem like a simplistic question, but have you set your ESC endpoints and programmed your speed controller to have reserve activated? I know that Yokomo ESCs sometimes come with reverse disabled or with a 2.5 second delay from the factory between forward and reverse.

-Vic

Well I have not purchased the programmer for it
There should be a way to conduct basic programming without the programmer, but I've found with my BL-RS3/Pro3 ESCs having the programming box to be a inexpensive way to quickly and accurately set various ESC parameters and clone settings across ESCs.

-Vic
Stable
  • Yokomo DIB275 Premium (RWD Conversion)
  • Yokomo DPR (Hayato Yoshiba Spec)
  • Yokomo YD-4
  • Yokomo YD-2 PLUS
Drift Gundam Blog
I would like to hear from the guys who run the Racing Performer x series ESC (BL-RPX) in their drift cars if I have to get the program box (BL-RPXP) in order to activate the reverse function. 

The reason why I am asking is I am new to drifting, and this is my first car that I have assembled. I own a couple of RTR rc cars and all have reverse function.