Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
new drifter
FINALLY picked up my first drift car, I got a brushed Exceed DriftKing, havn't done any big upgrades, just a few CF parts and rims. so far really enjoying it and can't wait to continue to improve my drifting (and eventually get something like the FS01D B) )
{myadvertisements[zone_3]}
(06-01-2015, 05:25 PM)GermZ22 Wrote:  FINALLY picked up my first drift car, I got a brushed Exceed DriftKing, havn't done any big upgrades, just a few CF parts and rims.  so far really enjoying it and can't wait to continue to improve my drifting (and eventually get something like the FS01D B) )

Welcome to the forum. I'm new as well and have found a lot of useful information on this forum. Happy drifitng!
Welcome from another new guy. How do you like your DriftKing car? I have a buddy in the market and was checking them out. Anyone else please chime in!! It will be my friends first drifter and would like to know your thoughts. DF
I love it personally, always been a huge fan of drift and wanted to try my hand at rc drifting. There are really only a few replacement parts though, some cf & aluminum upgrades, enough to give it a custom look and function at least. But I have enjoyed it as my beginner car, there aren't any stores (LHS) that carry Exceed specific parts around me so I have to order everything. It is definitely a less expensive car though, very simple design with a decent amount of adjustment. I have only changed the front to a one-way diff and the rear to a solid axle diff (order the metal ones, I ordered the plastic and chewed through them in 15 minutes) and a few cf parts. I know the car still NEEDS a new set of shocks, some cvd axles and possibly stronger turnbuckles, but all the parts are pretty inexpensive. It is perfect for me for something to learn on.

& with all this being said, this is my first and only rc drift car so I can only go on what I have seen/researched.
Welcome!
No matter if your have experience or not a lot of guys here can help you out with all kinds of problems!
Like I said before welcome and enjoy!