Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
new drifter
hey guys juust wanted to say hi been into full size drifting for awhile and now decide to join the rc side of it built my self a sakura d4 rwd as I don't like awd doesn't feel realistic to me , will have to say though getting the hang of the rwd car is a handful even with a gyro
Nice! I have a D4 on the way as well. I am hoping I can get the hang of it, as I come from the 1:1 drift world as well.
the d4 rwd needs a lot of modifcations to work properly I found its a great chassis after you put the time in
What do you Drift full-size? You can check out my full sized one www.gaelennorman.ca

We've done a build series at AfroRc on the d4 you can check it out on YouTube if you'd like. Has some great tips and tricks to getting it set up

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk
Photographer at Afro's RC follow us on Facebook, Instagram
HPI Sprint 2 2.7CS (in Progress)
HPI Sprint 2 4.5CS
Wrap-Up FR-D
my full size car I currently my daily summer driver will try and post some pics later but it is a 240 with a ls6 swap I would trade it for a 86 corolla any day though I love me a corolla lol
and I watch all the afro rc vids on the d4 where in Canada are you guys drifting rc in Ontario is slowly getting bigger finally and we now have a few tracks for it
(12-19-2015, 01:05 PM)Gaelen Wrote:  What do you Drift full-size?  You can check out my full sized one www.gaelennorman.ca

We've done a build series at AfroRc on the d4 you can check it out on YouTube if you'd like. Has some great tips and tricks to getting it set up

NICE S13! I sold my S13 silvia conversion a couple of years ago.  I am a crew chief for a Pro Am car that competes in  the Just Drift series in Southern California. Rob Webber's LS2 S13

I am finding out that the D4 is not too good right out of the box.  =L I checked out your build on You Tube...I have watched a ton of videos on RWD drifting in the last few weeks. Yours was the one I saw right after I purchased my D4...lol
That's awesome! Did he get his licence? I travelled a bit with [URL="www.ian-fournier.com"]Ian Fournier[/URL] last year doing anything from media to tire swaps. Lol.
HPI Sprint 2 4.5CS
Wrap-Up FR-D
(12-19-2015, 01:58 PM)Gaelen Wrote:  That's awesome!  Did he get his licence?  I travelled a bit with Ian Fournier last year doing anything from media to tire swaps. Lol.

Nope...we ended up outside the points. =( He took last year off so he could buy a house, but we did All Star Bash down in Willow springs in the fall. It was a fun event and we didn't take the car home in a basket...lol.
 I like Ian. He is a good driver and I hear he is a good guy although I have not had a chance to chat with him.
We'll probably be down at ASB next year with both cars. Feel free to pop by and say hi.

HPI Sprint 2 4.5CS
Wrap-Up FR-D