Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Drifter from seattle are
Hi Guys!

I am brand new to the RC drifting game! and boy do I have a lot of questions. I know a lot of them can be answered with a simple click of the search button but I thought I would introduce myself as well!

First to start I don't even have an DRIFT car yet! I know I know. I wanted to get your opinions on which one I should pick up.

I am looking at a
:Sakura D3
:HPI Sprint 2
I am just a beginner and don't need anything crazy just want something nice to start with.

Now I know the Sakura D3 needs work to be functional or at least reliable.
is there a parts list I can look for that?

Let me know what you guys think...any other suggestions are welcome.
Thank you for your time. I cant wait to get a new set up!
I too am new and from all the research I have done I have come to the conclusion of this Sakura D3. Now I believe that chassis might be a clone but here is a thread about it. And also I already have all the electronics to fill that chassis but if you do not than I would go with the Sakura D3. On the Drift Mission store choose category specials and go to page three.

Sprint 2 is not necessarily worth the money when you can get a Sakura D3. IMO.
3Racing Sakura D3 WIP thread
(06-26-2014, 12:31 PM)DeadLeg Wrote:  I too am new and from all the research I have done I have come to this conclusion. Sakura D3 Now I believe this might be a clone but here is a thread about it.

that's what I was thinking as well! I definitely don't want to buy off ebay...the price seems a little weird.
(06-26-2014, 12:36 PM)Dunc_RC Wrote:  
(06-26-2014, 12:31 PM)DeadLeg Wrote:  I too am new and from all the research I have done I have come to this conclusion. Sakura D3 Now I believe this might be a clone but here is a thread about it.

that's what I was thinking as well! I definitely don't want to buy off ebay...the price seems a little weird.

I edited my first post, added some links. XD
(06-26-2014, 12:43 PM)DeadLeg Wrote:  
(06-26-2014, 12:36 PM)Dunc_RC Wrote:  

I edited my first post, added some links. XD

You sir are awesome!! but I do not have any of the hardware. what do you recommend?
Drift mission has some reviews that would help you in this situation.

Top Rated RC Drift Chassis Under $150 - Top Rated RC Drift Chassis From $150-$450

Next determine what type of set up you want, 50/50, CS or RWD.

And if you are still considering the Sprint 2. Just know that the steering on the Sprint 2 is not ideal from CS, and to fix that you can put a Sakura D3 front end on it. Think about that for a second. For the Sprint 2 to be better, you must attach a Sakura D3 front end to it.
(06-26-2014, 01:10 PM)DeadLeg Wrote:  Drift mission has some reviews that would help you in this situation.

Top Rated RC Drift Chassis Under $150 - Top Rated RC Drift Chassis From $150-$450

Next determine what type of set up you want, 50/50, CS or RWD.

And if you are still considering the Sprint 2. Just know that the steering on the Sprint 2 is not ideal from CS, and to fix that you can put a Sakura D3 front end on it. Think about that for a second. For the Sprint 2 to be better, you must attach a Sakura D3 front end to it.

okay I guess I won't be getting a Sprint 2...
buy the sakura...?
do you have like a parts list of everything I would need?
I would say do your own research for a bit, look around the forums. Read some reviews, check hobby stores in your area or online stores that will ship to you. Find something that you can get parts for quick and also something that won't be discontinued in a year or two. Also, determine how you want to drift. If you just want to have some fun, consider 50/50 it is a bit cheaper without a lot of DIY mods. If you want to get a little more in depth and have a more realistic look go for CS. And, well you can guess the next step. Just remember...
[Image: custom%20image_zpsonc76qhw.jpg]
(06-26-2014, 01:24 PM)DeadLeg Wrote:  I would say do your own research for a bit, look around the forums. Read some reviews, check hobby stores in your area or online stores that will ship to you. Find something that you can get parts for quick and also something that won't be discontinued in a year or two. Also, determine how you want to drift. If you just want to have some fun, consider 50/50 it is a bit cheaper without a lot of DIY mods. If you want to get a little more in depth and have a more realistic look go for CS. And, well you can guess the next step. Just remember...
[Image: custom%20image_zpsonc76qhw.jpg]

Thanks for all the information! I will definitely do a lot of research hence not having have bought an RC yet. I am more looking for a fun hobby that could develop into something more possibly. just looking for a nice beginning I do like the sakura d3 a lot. but id have to buy everything off the bat where as the sprint 2 comes with everthing RTR

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Seattle Drifter Coyote Tango 2 1,453 03-13-2015, 11:09 PM
Last Post: Coyote Tango