New drifter suggestions

6 Replies, 4495 Views

Hello, I have never owned an RC drift car before and I would like to get into it. Im very into monster trucks and trail trucks and stuff like that and I owned and built many but never a drift car. Can I get some chassis recommendations? Something cheap, easy but good. Basically something for someone who has never drifted before. Thanks!
(This post was last modified: 01-17-2016, 09:32 PM by Hypergarage.)
What rc stuff have you already got? Batteries, Chargers, remotes etc?
What's your total budget?
Are you looking for an all wheel drive car or a rear wheel drive car?
I have many batteries and many chargers. Like I said I have been in the RC hobby for a few years now but I have never owned a drift car. It can be RWD or 4WD and it can be Kit or RTR I don't care either way.
In my opinion you can never go wrong with MST. Whether it's the MS'01D or fxx or whichever. You can choose RTR'S or kits, plastics, or carbon fiber. Just look them up.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
MST is a great choice. I have a MS01D VIP-II and a FXXD-S. Both are very good drifter out the box and with a little tuning they get better.
MST  MS01D VIP II Red
MST  FXXD-S 
MST and Sakura are probably the top 2 in the "cheap and easy" requirements. Both can go from plastic AWD to full carbon fiber and aluminum RWD. All depends on your budget and desires.
HPI Sprint 2 Flux - full carbon fiber/aluminum upgrades 50/50
HPI Sprint 2 Flux - RWD project
HPI RS4 Sport 3  - carbon fiber/aluminum shelf queen