Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
new from Ohio
just wanted to say hello I am new to the rc drift world but not to rc in general.
A buddy of mine built a rc track in his basement started with a few people now is like 11-12 cars a week.

I have a Sprint 2 drift w/brushless setup

[Image: 12260207453_e6c8912085_c.jpg]
061-001 by 93 red ls, on Flickr
[Image: 12260480904_f0ec3e861b_c.jpg]
063-001 by 93 red ls, on Flickr
[Image: 12260625776_968101002f_c.jpg]
066-001 by 93 red ls, on Flickr
Welcome to DM! Nice motor. What brushless setup are you running?

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk
Welcome to DM
Team Ghost Drift
[Image: TGD+official+WHITE+side+decal+Osaka-Sans...+edit1.png]
MST FS-01D cs@2.0
Yokomo DRB cs@1.8
Eagle  R31 RWD
Welcome to DM! Love the stance on that Subie!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Enroute JXRWD 

Mad Machine IG / Mad Machine FB
another Ohioan!
welcome to DM! what part of Ohio are you from?
nice Subie btw.
HPI Sprint 2 Flux - full carbon fiber/aluminum upgrades 50/50
HPI Sprint 2 Flux - RWD project
HPI RS4 Sport 3  - carbon fiber/aluminum shelf queen
im from cincy.....

its a traxxas velineon brushless setup
locked rear diff
softer springs

just a few upgrades nothing too big

Im looking to get a new servo
Welcome to dm

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
Keep Drifting Fun
[Image: 9121590828_f56a93fe31_o.jpg]
Welcome to DM!
>SCREW IT, DONT NEED NO FANCY SIG<
Whats up guys? I am to from Ohio but I live in Cali right now. I love Ohio but I was not much into RCs at the time when I live there. I did have a rc plan but wasn't much into that. 
Well I have a monster truck rc right now. brushless and all the goods for it. This is my first rc after the plan. Ok I want to get into drifting. I guess this is the place to post. I will try to make this short. 
Question 1: I have been looking into a few drift cars and I want you help picking one. I have been looking at the Exceed MaxSpeed GTR. Brushless and ready to run. It is shaft driven and under $200, not bad. The other is HobbyKing Mission D. This one is belt driven and I feel would be better as a drifter. The Mission D is not brushless or ready to run. But for less than $100 for an ARR is a steel. I priced it all out and I can get the Mission D for around $175 and thats with a nice radio that I can program 10 cars to. If I like drifting then HobbyKing sells the brushless kit for $65. 
I know that either one is not the best RC out there but I'm on a budget. I am leaning towards the HobbyKing only because I can get more for my dollar. For a basher I think it would do. I just want to know what you guys think of the cars and make sure I am making the right purchase.
Thanks guys and I hope to be posting more.  
(08-19-2017, 08:19 PM)dadwithrc Wrote:  Whats up guys? I am to from Ohio but I live in Cali right now. I love Ohio but I was not much into RCs at the time when I live there. I did have a rc plan but wasn't much into that. 
Well I have a monster truck rc right now. brushless and all the goods for it. This is my first rc after the plan. Ok I want to get into drifting. I guess this is the place to post. I will try to make this short. 
Question 1: I have been looking into a few drift cars and I want you help picking one. I have been looking at the Exceed MaxSpeed GTR. Brushless and ready to run. It is shaft driven and under $200, not bad. The other is HobbyKing Mission D. This one is belt driven and I feel would be better as a drifter. The Mission D is not brushless or ready to run. But for less than $100 for an ARR is a steel. I priced it all out and I can get the Mission D for around $175 and thats with a nice radio that I can program 10 cars to. If I like drifting then HobbyKing sells the brushless kit for $65. 
I know that either one is not the best RC out there but I'm on a budget. I am leaning towards the HobbyKing only because I can get more for my dollar. For a basher I think it would do. I just want to know what you guys think of the cars and make sure I am making the right purchase.
Thanks guys and I hope to be posting more.  

Hey Dadwithrc welcome to DM.  Im trying to move your post to its own separate new thread but I can't, the forums seem to be a little buggy atm.  If you repost it as a separate thread, theres a better chance you'll get more responses to it.

Anyways  I'm not really a big fan of the Exceed drifters.  I've dealt with them before as rental chassis at Sheldon's and they're more of a touring car with drift tires.  They are pretty tough and pretty low maintenance and if you get tired of drifting you can always throw on a set of grip tires to bash around a parking lot if it came.  Just my opinion but if your intent is to get into hardcore drifting, this car will be very limiting.
That Mission D in definitely more drifter oriented/designed.  The chassis looks like an all plastic Yokomo DRB, which is a really damn nice drift car.  If it is a clone, there's a good chance aftermarket parts for the DRB will work on this car.  It being a belt car, it will be a lot easier to convert it into a CS car as you gain experience.  You've done your research and at that price, it sounds like a great way to get into drifting to see if it hooks you.

Where in Cali are you from?
Don't be a douche and help the next guy.