Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New From Seattle Area (added pics)
Hey guys,

New here from Tacoma. Fairly new to RC. But Very new to RC drift. Growing up I had alot of traxxas cars and what not. Nothing too serious just kid stuff. I bought my RC Drift car about a year ago. Since i moved ive been so busy with new job that i have not even had time to really take it out. Now that im settled ive slowly been working on it. Kinda took my brother in law to get me back into it. For xmas he got me a Ae86 body and painted it all by hand. (brushes and very slow)

I bought the HPI Racing RTR 1/10 E10 Drift Falken 4wd 2.4
( I hated the body witch was the Falken Fckstang. I only wanted it because it came with the HRE wheels.)

-Current body is Ae86 Trueno GTS. Still need to paint the TRD wing and get the wide body kit :D
-wheels HPI Work Te37s 0et. (crappy thing. 3 were sent as 0et one is 6mm et...need to get some new rear set. Have not tried to drift it with that one wierd one.

used some Krylon fusion matte green. But through the Lex body came out glossy.

Up coming items
-allum drive shaft.
-custom made carbon fiber chassis.
-New Motor (like i said new. so i need to figure out whats good lol)

Without further ado heres the car.

[Image: rccar_zpsbfe7d275.jpg]

Lol got some garage rolling shots ;)
[Image: IMG_2118_zps9fac40b2.jpg]

[Image: IMG_2142_zps7f9f5020.jpg]
Welcome to dm. Lets see the chassis!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
Keep Drifting Fun
[Image: 9121590828_f56a93fe31_o.jpg]
Gonna be starting on it in the next couple days. I have a few sorta thin sheets of REAL carbon fiber. Gonna unscrew the body from all the parts and then mark everything and start cutting :D gonna be maybe as heavy as the plastic one just excited to have a free carbon fiber chasis lol
awesome intro, nice hand painted body, wow!

We've got a meet coming up this weekend at the NW model hoby expo @Monroe fairgrounds. This Sunday 2/9 9am-3pm. $7 gets you into the show, track is free. We use Raikou DP series tires for spec tire, available at the show.

But ultimately, run what'cha brung! Hope you can make it out. Hit the fb link in my sig to get in on future sessions.

As for motor... I'm a huuuuuuuuuge fan of Novak electronics - serviced, assembled and designed in Irvine Ca USA. 10.5-8.5t brushless sensored is a good starting point for CS or 50:50 drifting.
www.facebook.com/raincityrajikon  - Seattle's scale drift club
RWD yoko dori pake -=- RWD SJ ota-r31 -=- 50:50 SJ ota-r31 (club loaner car)
+ 2wd Slash, 4x4 Slash, e-Maxx, Subaru Brat scaler, mRS4, broken quads and a bunch of spares
(02-06-2014, 11:58 AM)multi-bash Wrote:  awesome intro, nice hand painted body, wow!

We've got a meet coming up this weekend at the NW model hoby expo @Monroe fairgrounds. This Sunday 2/9 9am-3pm. $7 gets you into the show, track is free. We use Raikou DP series tires for spec tire, available at the show.

But ultimately, run what'cha brung! Hope you can make it out. Hit the fb link in my sig to get in on future sessions.

As for motor... I'm a huuuuuuuuuge fan of Novak electronics - serviced, assembled and designed in Irvine Ca USA. 10.5-8.5t brushless sensored is a good starting point for CS or 50:50 drifting.
Hey man,

Thanks for an invite to the meet. I don't know if ill be able to make this one as of this week I have dropped quite a load of cash on my real car lol. (my rainy day drifter aka daily lol) ra24 76' Celica GT.
-Ill def be trying to make it to the other meets you guys hold! I go to evergreen drift quite a bit and watch. Cant wait to bring out my new cam and lens and shoot some pics!

Thanks for a motor tip. Yeah im new to upgrading these S.O.B's so any info is much appreciated! Thanks again man.
Welcome to DM! I too am a Tacoma drifter using an E10, although mine still has the stock AE86 body. That green is very nice, how is the krylon holding up?

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk
Current Chassis:Team Magic E4-FS, Team Magic E4D-MF Pro
(02-09-2014, 03:13 AM)Chinese_Food142 Wrote:  Welcome to DM! I too am a Tacoma drifter using an E10, although mine still has the stock AE86 body. That green is very nice, how is the krylon holding up?

Honestly i have not taken it out yet. Thers a badass parking garage in puyallup (south hill) i take it too when it's dry. (So don't worry about water being brought in by cars)

But it's a boss a$$ place to make a small track and practice!
Sounds like a south hill drift session is in order soon!

(02-09-2014, 11:09 AM)Chinese_Food142 Wrote:  Sounds like a south hill drift session is in order soon!

Hell yeah man!! I need to buy more batteries haha. And messed around a bit with my car yesterday.. Trying to figure out what's going in with the car... It's almost like a real car sputtering... I pull the trigger the car with go then stop go then stop go then stop then goooooooooooooo until I let off... :( ugh lol
I need at least one more battery as well. If you post what's going on with your car in the help section, there's members on here who may have the answer, or at least know where to start looking at how to solve it.