Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New HPI Owner RC
Hello,

My Name is David, I just got into the RC. I want to see what i can do. I been watching a lot of Youtube Video.
So, Now I want to do Drifting. FUN FUN FUN...

I have a HPI Sprint 2 Sport GTR (Body)

I have replace my motor. Now i have Sidewinder 3 w/ CRC 5300mah 40c.. Does the job. Now i want to know what i need to do to make drift. But I don't want to lock the rear. I want to have fun and try to control.

Here a picture of my New Toy^^

[Image: photo1.jpg]

[Image: photo3-1.jpg]
HpI Sprint 2 SporT

Have a great day...
Cool. I also have a sprint 2.. I don't know why you wouldn't want to lock the rear... It drifts way better with it locked. But all you need are drift tires to make it slide. Once you get into that, you'll want to lock the rear, install a front one way, ect
(05-31-2013, 01:25 AM)Frias65 Wrote:  Cool. I also have a sprint 2.. I don't know why you wouldn't want to lock the rear... It drifts way better with it locked. But all you need are drift tires to make it slide. Once you get into that, you'll want to lock the rear, install a front one way, ect

Yeah I'm thinking of locking it. But i like the grip tire. I wonder what is the best tire to used when your in a parking lot?
HpI Sprint 2 SporT

Have a great day...
(05-31-2013, 01:30 AM)vi3tboidvt Wrote:  
(05-31-2013, 01:25 AM)Frias65 Wrote:  Cool. I also have a sprint 2.. I don't know why you wouldn't want to lock the rear... It drifts way better with it locked. But all you need are drift tires to make it slide. Once you get into that, you'll want to lock the rear, install a front one way, ect

Yeah I'm thinking of locking it. But i like the grip tire. I wonder what is the best tire to used when your in a parking lot?
for drifting? T drift are fine anywhere.
If you plan on using grip tires then you're not going to be drifting.

I'm under the impression you want a parking lot basher that does both high speed running and drifting?  And to that i say, good luck!
Don't be a douche and help the next guy.

Welcome to DM.

You can have your cake and eat it but you cannot drift well without a locked diff. :-)

You can slide the car without a locked diff but honestly its not the same thing. With the standard diff, its going to transfer the power where it is neeed most so your car will not step out in the same way. Your angles will be off and not be able to corner as you will need to for drifting.

You can still have fun with a drifter with a locked diff and grip tyres so I would say it is a no brainer on things to do asap.
[Image: 9123805157_8fe7c0d400_n.jpg]
HPI Sprint 2 Drift / mid motor drift weapon
MST FS-01D / new work in progress
Heyyy man!! Welcome to DM!!! And sweet ride ya got there!!;)
>SCREW IT, DONT NEED NO FANCY SIG<
(05-31-2013, 05:15 AM)Chiefy707 Wrote:  If you plan on using grip tires then you're not going to be drifting.

I'm under the impression you want a parking lot basher that does both high speed running and drifting?  And to that i say, good luck!

Yeah parking lot and on the street. Thanks. What tire would be best?

(05-31-2013, 05:36 AM)teshi Wrote:  Welcome to DM.

You can have your cake and eat it but you cannot drift well without a locked diff. :-)

You can slide the car without a locked diff but honestly its not the same thing. With the standard diff, its going to transfer the power where it is neeed most so your car will not step out in the same way. Your angles will be off and not be able to corner as you will need to for drifting.

You can still have fun with a drifter with a locked diff and grip tyres so I would say it is a no brainer on things to do asap.

Alright. Sound like a plan. I guess I should get it lock. If I get it lock, how would it look when I have semi grip tire?
HpI Sprint 2 SporT

Have a great day...
It might be hard to drive a car that's setup for drift but driven as a grip car.  If your car was setup mechanically as a drifter but you had grip tires, it would be very hard to drive since it will have very agressive steering.  Doing speed runs up and down the street would probably lead to a crash.  And high speed crashes normally means somethings going to break.

You can either keep your car setup as a grip car and just mount some drift tires or you can setup your car as a drifter and then mount some drift tires.  Either way your car is compromised.  A grip car with drift tires may slide, but it's not drifting.  A drift car setup as a speed basher with grip tires is an expensive accident waiting to happen.
I say keep your car as a grip car first and as you learn more about this hobby you'll probably know more about what you want to get into.
Don't be a douche and help the next guy.

(05-31-2013, 09:08 AM)Chiefy707 Wrote:  It might be hard to drive a car that's setup for drift but driven as a grip car.  If your car was setup mechanically as a drifter but you had grip tires, it would be very hard to drive since it will have very agressive steering.  Doing speed runs up and down the street would probably lead to a crash.  And high speed crashes normally means somethings going to break.

You can either keep your car setup as a grip car and just mount some drift tires or you can setup your car as a drifter and then mount some drift tires.  Either way your car is compromised.  A grip car with drift tires may slide, but it's not drifting.  A drift car setup as a speed basher with grip tires is an expensive accident waiting to happen.
I say keep your car as a grip car first and as you learn more about this hobby you'll probably know more about what you want to get into.

Well said.. I agreed because that's how I broke my hpi sf-10 servo and I had to upgrade to savox 1257tg. When I replace my motor to windsider 3 I didn't know it was that fast. And I hit a wall =< so yeah still learning on what I want to do.
HpI Sprint 2 SporT

Have a great day...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New owner from Ohio Djnaz 33 7,831 01-17-2014, 06:43 PM
Last Post: Piper
  MST FS01D owner in da houzz robert_fs01d 2 1,906 11-09-2012, 04:50 PM
Last Post: robb41488