New to drift, here's my body so far!

9 Replies, 3187 Views

Hey guys, Das_TrA here. been lurking on the forums for months now, got my first chassis a little over a month ago and have been working on my body as I learn to drift. Wanted to post my progress for some pointers and general critique. Biggest question, should i cut out the holes on the front body kit? would that look good without model intercooler parts?

[Image: tLe4AQ5.jpg]
great jod on your shell , it looks awesome . about your questions . I usually mask them instead of cutting them out , it keeps everything much stronger imo . As far as looks go , you can always use the decals supplied with body until you get intercooler / oil cooler parts .
RC926 plus type c 2.2 cs
HPI sprint 2 50/50
HPI rs4 nitro
proD clone Sad
(This post was last modified: 07-01-2014, 02:49 AM by sincity drifter.)
Thanks for the response! thanks for the response about the decals, looking at these pics the decals actually don't look so bad, I think I will just leave it as is until I decide on what cooling parts I want to go with. Also, I've seen that hellaflush does their own set of RC decals, but are there any other places to get good decal sets for RC drifting? or is it kind of make your own other than them. I don't need a bunch, I plan to keep the car clean but I want enough to separate if from other white 180's (other than the lack of black trim)
welcome and nice body
[Image: 222_zpsccdcf383.jpg]

Here For the love of RC Drifting
Looks like a really nice body dude nice and simple Smile looks great Smile
Thanks for all the support guys!
(07-01-2014, 11:49 AM)Das_TrA Wrote: Thanks for all the support guys!

Easy cheap trick for detailing a body... Sharpies!

Extra fine black for trim lines, and seams. Colored for marker lights etc...

They will stay on for a long time, and they wipe off with rubbing alcohol.
(07-03-2014, 12:35 PM)SportyModder Wrote:
(07-01-2014, 11:49 AM)Das_TrA Wrote: Thanks for all the support guys!

Easy cheap trick for detailing a body... Sharpies!

Extra fine black for trim lines, and seams. Colored for marker lights etc...

They will stay on for a long time, and they wipe off with rubbing alcohol.

Ahhhhhh so thats how people get the detail in their bodies! Thanks for the tip!
you can always use micro line tape from abc hobby , it lifts after awhile and needs to be redone . but comes out straighter than sharpie's . FaceWorx make drift decals and will do custom decals also .
RC926 plus type c 2.2 cs
HPI sprint 2 50/50
HPI rs4 nitro
proD clone Sad
(This post was last modified: 07-08-2014, 10:07 PM by sincity drifter.)
(07-08-2014, 09:24 PM)sincity drifter Wrote: you can always use micro line tape from abc hobby , it lifts after awhile and needs to be redone . but comes out straighter than sharpie's . FaceWorx make drift decals and will do custom decals also .

thanks for the tips! I'm gonna have to check out faceworx, it looks pretty interesting so far.