Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New to drifting, not to RC
Hello DM, 

My name is Chris and I love RC. I'm diving into drifting right now and have come to the conclusion I have a lot of reading and research ahead of me. I have just built my first drift chassis, a D4 which is of course very basic, but it does give me a good idea of what to look for, and I think to get the hang of things will serve the purpose just fine. Looking forward to see all the builds and projects on this site!
(09-13-2015, 12:48 PM)HemiStorm Wrote:  Hello DM, 

My name is Chris and I love RC. I'm diving into drifting right now and have come to the conclusion I have a lot of reading and research ahead of me. I have just built my first drift chassis, a D4 which is of course very basic, but it does give me a good idea of what to look for, and I think to get the hang of things will serve the purpose just fine. Looking forward to see all the builds and projects on this site!
HEmistorm,

Do you play Cs or Rwd
Welcome to your new addiction :)

Lots to read on and learn but ultimately worth the effort! Is your D4 the rear wheel drive, or all wheel drive (cs-counter steer) set up?

What type of surface do you plan to run on? asphalt, concrete, carper? It will all impact your initial set up, tire choices and so on.

Long time fan of your work, can't wait to see you paint up some drift bodies! :)
Chris, welcome! Big fan of your youtube and Facebook pages. Glad to see you here! I'm in a fairly similar situation as you, but I tried drifting a couple years ago and never really stuck with it. I recently picked up a RWD drifter (Eagle TT02 FRD) and just got it running. I look forward to your updates....both here and on your youtube channel!

Take care,
Tommy
Welcome, looking forward to seeing your car
Your Jeff Koons BMW & FG Sportsline A4 were two of the most impressive things I have ever seen on the internet.
Thank you guys for the warm welcome! I got the RWD setup, and plan to run on carpet. First goal is to make it look good, and there is a whole unknown world for me to explore there. I love the amount of possibilities I see for shells and accessories.