Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
new to rc and drifting
everyone.

Im all new to this but have looked in to it for about 2 years now and im geting a car in a month or 2.

What should i think about when bying?
Should i go awd or rwd?

The controller i would want to hold in my right hand.
Is there any special ones for that?

What chasis are good ones if you are looking in long terms?

Thanks in advance
Welcome to DM, I know MST, Yokomo & Sakura are usually recommended as long term starter chassis, I'm not sure of any specific transmitters that are for right hand trigger operation, & as far as what to consider when buying, check to see what others in your area are drifting, and parts availability from your local hobby store, If you decide to go with a chassis from there.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
Current Chassis:Team Magic E4-FS, Team Magic E4D-MF Pro
Thanks.
Need to check out if there is any right hand trigger control out there cause holding in left hand and steering with right hand feels wrong for me.

Skickat från min GT-N7105 via Tapatalk
(04-03-2014, 01:15 PM)rock_N_rolla Wrote:  Thanks.
Need to check out if there is any right hand trigger control out there cause holding in left hand and steering with right hand feels wrong for me.

Skickat från min GT-N7105 via Tapatalk
Welcome. There are transmitters that allow you to switch sides. Just can't think of them right now for some reason lol, but they are usually the higher price and high end ones

ooo got one that came up.. spectrum dx4r pro allows u to put the steering wheel on the other side
Thanks.

Yeah i saw that one and a few other ones in the higher price range.
Well if thats what it takes, then i need to get one. :)

About chassis i found a few interesting.

Mst ms-01D

Tamiya Ta-05 VDF

Tamiya Ta-06 and the pro version.

Which one is the better one ´s off this cars?

Thanks in advance// rock_N_rolla
Welcome to DM...

a DX3r, you might have to find used, a DX3r pro and a DX4r pro
all can be switched over to what you want.....
(04-03-2014, 03:58 PM)rock_N_rolla Wrote:  Thanks.

Yeah i saw that one and a few other ones in the higher price range.
Well if thats what it takes, then i need to get one. :)

About chassis i found a few interesting.

Mst ms-01D

Tamiya Ta-05 VDF

Tamiya Ta-06 and the pro version.

Which one is the better one ´s off this cars?

Thanks in advance// rock_N_rolla

I only have experience with the mst ms01d. Its pretty awesome. Already has the necessary things like 1 way and locked rear where as other chassis do not. It drifts well for me, but im eventually going to buy the front motor conversion or do more tunning to make it feel like a fs01d. Try messaging chiefy707. He has a lot of experience with those tamiyas.
I only have experience with the mst ms01d. Its pretty awesome. Already has the necessary things like 1 way and locked rear where as other chassis do not. It drifts well for me, but im eventually going to buy the front motor conversion or do more tunning to make it feel like a fs01d. Try messaging chiefy707. He has a lot of experience with those tamiyas.
[/quote]

Yeah i feel like mst is a good chassi and it could be found for around 200$ on ebay.
=)
Welcome to dm

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
Keep Drifting Fun
[Image: 9121590828_f56a93fe31_o.jpg]
Thanks Robb :)