Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
new to rc from atlanta
what is up guys. i am from atlanta and am just starting to get into the rc scene. the most experience ive had with rc was an xmod when i was younger haha. right now im looking into getting the sakura d3 cs chassis for a starter and researching what components to put into it. ive heard the cs has quite the learning curve but im looking forward to learning the technique. like i said, i am brand new to the rc scene so any advice, links, pro tips are much appreciated. ive been looking for some good sakura builds on these forums but being new to the rc world i know close to nothing about all the components i need and what to look for when picking certain components. kind of learning this whole thing as i go. 
thanks in advance for any tips and help!
-Sean
So upon deeper research I'm learning that the cs layout is outdated and that the rwd is the way to go now. I've been looking into the sakura d4 rwd. And insight would be MUCH appreciated! Haha
Thank you!
Is this a legit site or is this a knockoff?
https://www.asiatees.com/display?brand=3...&id=108583
alright, after noobing it up pretty hard all day and doing some research i am now leaning towards the sakura d4 rwd black edition
Hi if you can get another chassis, I would try for either a yokomo or MST chassis ATM. D4 chassis needs some work on it and really comes back to same price to the MST and yokomo chassis. I've been using the d4 chassis for over a year now. I find the other chassis more stable then the d4.

Sent from my Lenovo P1a42 using Tapatalk
Team Magic - E4D(4) RWD - Sakura D4 RWD
(12-18-2017, 09:22 PM)littlemonsta Wrote:  Hi if you can get another chassis, I would try for either a yokomo or MST chassis ATM. D4 chassis needs some work on it and really comes back to same price to the MST and yokomo chassis. I've been using the d4 chassis for over a year now. I find the other chassis more stable then the d4.

Ok gotcha. Thanks for the feedback! I found the mst fxx-d s 2 which is rwd and similar in price to the d4. Any thoughts on that chassis? Or what good mst/yokomo chassis to look into??
 Thanks!
Sean
(12-19-2017, 12:56 PM)DrifterHoboATL Wrote:  
(12-18-2017, 09:22 PM)littlemonsta Wrote:  Hi if you can get another chassis, I would try for either a yokomo or MST chassis ATM. D4 chassis needs some work on it and really comes back to same price to the MST and yokomo chassis. I've been using the d4 chassis for over a year now. I find the other chassis more stable then the d4.

Ok gotcha. Thanks for the feedback! I found the mst fxx-d s 2 which is rwd and similar in price to the d4. Any thoughts on that chassis? Or what good mst/yokomo chassis to look into??
 Thanks!
Sean
Drifting is a matter of preference IMO. If you are totally new head down to the nearest track. Ask there.

If you are just drifting for fun and don't intend to participate in local tournaments, it doesn't really matter the layout of the chassis. If you are serious about it, you will be looking at at high rear motor mount. However this increases the difficulty on the controls slightly.

My suggestions to get a chassis that has been updated within the last year.

Suggestions are the MST rmxs 2.0( there is an updated version of this), and yokomo yd2 (latest is the s plus)

Team Magic - E4D(4) RWD - Sakura D4 RWD

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Gear Hello from Atlanta! New 1/24 scale drifter BoilingOil 0 230 02-07-2017, 11:28 AM
Last Post: BoilingOil
  New Cs drifter in Atlanta Ga sergdriftrs4 5 1,831 09-28-2013, 04:39 PM
Last Post: Frias65