New to the rc world

5 Replies, 1844 Views

So im using to modifying minitrucks since mine is on air ride.. but I traded some wheels for 3 rc cars and one was a d3 only one running.. drove for 5 minutes and broke the front driveshafts.. so those are ordered, got a new body, wheels, intercooler and aluminum wheel hexs... just image stuff right now.. what motors do yall put in these things and a good battery for it.. thanks for any input.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk
(This post was last modified: 04-07-2014, 04:34 PM by baggedhardbody88.)
Welcome to dm

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
Keep Drifting Fun
[Image: 9121590828_f56a93fe31_o.jpg]
any kind of normal size 1/10 RC touring car motor will technically work, but most use anywhere between 7-8t and ~17t motors. sensored brushless esc/motor would be best, but the most important thing I think is having a motor/esc you can tune and adjust via a program card or USB cable and computer/laptop.
nimh or lipo battery will work, depending on what motor/esc you're running
and if weight is a factor or concern of yours, use lipo...some can't handle LiPo's, others can. ASAIC, C ratings don't really matter that much when drifting like they do in TC racing. a 3000 to 4000mah 25C 2S lipo would be just fine.
HPI Sprint 2 Flux - full carbon fiber/aluminum upgrades 50/50
HPI Sprint 2 Flux - RWD project
HPI RS4 Sport 3  - carbon fiber/aluminum shelf queen
Well finally got the car with all 4 wheels spinning but since I have never had a rc I cant seem to drift it.. it just slides here and there but wont stay consistant.. guess I need to practice... for these chassis what are people runninh for sharper turning.. got the wide angle driveshafts.. but theres gotta be more.. would a servo make a difference? Thanks for looking.

If you haven't already upgrade the front spool to a front one way

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
Keep Drifting Fun
[Image: 9121590828_f56a93fe31_o.jpg]
Its already one way I do believe.