Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newbie. Hoping to buy this for 198usd.
Next 
Hi guys. I really want to have an rc but i do not have an idea about the cost if i'm buying 2nd hand. I saw this post in a group and hoping to buy and start playing. Is it a good price? It comes with a brushless motor, esc, lipo batts, tx/rx, and metal gear servo. 

Thanks.

Attached Files
.jpeg   received_1934966416518237.jpeg (Size: 47.84 KB / Downloads: 13)
.jpeg   received_1934966436518235.jpeg (Size: 74.44 KB / Downloads: 12)
That is a Sakura D3. That looks to be the legit one since it is the plastic version.
The radio and electronics does not look to be very high end. There must be something like $100 at most in electronics, so used you shouldn't pay full price for it. My rule of thumb is everything used is between 75 to 50% off original price depending on age and wear.
The chassis itself looks old and something like that is worth no more than $60.
I'd say negotiate with the guy and try to get it for $130, but not more than that. The person is most likely trying to break even on their expense.

Also the other thing to think about is what do you want to do. Drift RWD, or Drift Counter-steer?
I think you should look at RWD. This chassis needs a lot of work to be made RWD. You may be better off saving and getting yourself a YD2 or even a Sakura D4.
>> For 3D printed Weight Shift products and more checkout www.oversliders.net <<
If I was helpful to you, make sure to hit the "Rate" button and leave me a positive review, Thank you.
(12-01-2017, 07:09 AM)Tiger.T Wrote:  That is a Sakura D3. That looks to be the legit one since it is the plastic version.
The radio and electronics does not look to be very high end. There must be something like $100 at most in electronics, so used you shouldn't pay full price for it. My rule of thumb is everything used is between 75 to 50% off original price depending on age and wear.
The chassis itself looks old and something like that is worth no more than $60.
I'd say negotiate with the guy and try to get it for $130, but not more than that. The person is most likely trying to break even on their expense.

Also the other thing to think about is what do you want to do. Drift RWD, or Drift Counter-steer?
I think you should look at RWD. This chassis needs a lot of work to be made RWD. You may be better off saving and getting yourself a YD2 or even a Sakura D4.

Thanks for the advice bro. Will try to negotiate with the seller, if not maybe will get myself a new d4. I would still need to read more about rwd and counter-steer. But i think it'll be rwd. Have a nice day!
In my honest opinion I think the seller is getting rid of it cause its 4 wheel drive chassis and it needs a lot of upgrades in it to be done into a RWD rc drift car. I would say wait and get the Sakura D4, cause now the RWD rc drift is mainstream, and look for local rc drift places near you and ask them what they're running RWD or CS, I'm preeeeety sure their answer will be RWD, so my conclusion is NO, Don't buy this, sure you will invest 3 to "unknown" times your available money 200 (depends on what brand things you will buy). But it will be a RWD car and you'll be able to drift with your locals in events or training days with their pace (CS usually go faster than RWD), or search RTR RWD second hand deals somewhere
(12-01-2017, 11:36 AM)Seriogadfgh Wrote:  In my honest opinion I think the seller is getting rid of it cause its 4 wheel drive chassis and it needs a lot of upgrades in it to be done into a RWD rc drift car. I would say wait and get the Sakura D4, cause now the RWD rc drift is mainstream, and look for local rc drift places near you and ask them what they're running RWD or CS, I'm preeeeety sure their answer will be RWD, so my conclusion is NO, Don't buy this, sure you will invest 3 to "unknown" times your available money 200 (depends on what brand things you will buy). But it will be a RWD car and you'll be able to drift with your locals in events or training days with their pace (CS usually go faster than RWD), or search RTR RWD second hand deals somewhere

Hi. Thanks for your reply in my post. I changed my mind not to buy that. So today i saw another post agan for 199usd. Its a d4 artr the seller includes all in the pic except for the batts and charger. Is it a good buy? Thank you.

Attached Files
.jpg   FB_IMG_1512189387509.jpg (Size: 111.04 KB / Downloads: 11)
.jpg   FB_IMG_1512189391924.jpg (Size: 96.67 KB / Downloads: 9)
.jpg   FB_IMG_1512189400288.jpg (Size: 238.08 KB / Downloads: 7)
It all depends on your financial situation, age. (in general)
I would like to know if you have a job or not, cause if you're not willing to invest more than 200 in this hobby, I don't know if it will be for you, from the pictures I see it is a sakura d4 rwd, it seems that's a gyro on top of the top deck? 200 for all of this is sure a good deal and seems legit, take into consideration you will need to pay postage too, and customs from your post office if it will be sent from a country outside EU, if you live in EU of course. If I were 14 now I think I would buy it if it is rwd (seems it is from the pictures, cause there ain't a diff in the front). Now it's all up to you.