Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Noob need car advise
what's up im finally about to purchase my first 1:10 scale drift car i just want to no what would b the best way to go shaft driven or belt? 4wd or 2wd?? Ive done alot of research i no some pros n cons of both and im still really no sure...i narrowed it down to the mst xxx-d rtr brushless the ms-01D rtr brushless and the fxx-d rtr brushless i think im leaning towards the 4wd but don't know what's better shaft driven or belt??pls help thanks :lol:
it all depends on what they run in your local track. But personally ill go for the fxx since RWD is more realistic and way more fun
Isn't RWD harder to learn than AWD?
Gramps
---------------------------------------------------
Yokomo YD-2
Hpi Sprint 2 Flux 50/50 - Locked rear/Open front
Exceed RC MadPulse

(02-19-2017, 09:57 PM)Gramps50 Wrote:  Isn't RWD harder to learn than AWD?
Actually no, learning curve the same. Cs is the hardest. Honestly I think 4wd 50/50 and rwd are on par. Gyro takes effect for rwd really helping anyone new to rwd. As you get better you just turn down the gyro. But if you come from 4wd then go to rwd. It's just different and opposite and vise versa.

It was harder for me to make donuts on a 4wd then a rwd.

Sent from my Lenovo P1a42 using Tapatalk
Team Magic - E4D(4) RWD - Sakura D4 RWD
Agreed. To me RWD has a much bigger payoff when it comes to driving, tuning, and the overall experience of RC drift. I'd go with the FXX. There is a wealth of tuning options for that platform and it is a really fun car to drive.
the things is that when you run cs and you want to make the jump to RWD your going to have to "learn'' again how to drift. at least thats what happened to me. The way you run a CS is different than a RWD
Wouldn't have that problem. currently running a Sprint 2 50/50. Pulled the front belt just for the heck of it. Had tons of oversteer but then it's setup for 4WD 50/50 so I really wasn't expecting much but it was interesting.
Gramps
---------------------------------------------------
Yokomo YD-2
Hpi Sprint 2 Flux 50/50 - Locked rear/Open front
Exceed RC MadPulse

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New to the drift world looking for car advise Rossi25rc 19 3,149 02-21-2013, 11:54 AM
Last Post: multi-bash