Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OMG RC esc and motor problem, help! #2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRQFhATZ...e=youtu.be

Please watch whole video then reply, I've waited since April to have a fully functioning car after a broken motor, servo and esc, I finally have this and it seems broken again!
I have that esc as well, I am trying to remember how I set up mine, unfortunately I'm about to leave for work but I'll check on it when I'm back from work tonight and see if I can be of any help.

I do remember being able to set my end points, I just had trouble because I had my channel reversed on my receiver.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
MST FS-01D >>> 2.00 CS
HPI Sprint 2 >>> 1.58 CS
Cheers, I have narrowed it down, by looking at the trouble shooting in the manual, 'After power on, the red LED lights but motor cannot run, Possible reason: Throttle signal is abnormal, Solution: Check the transmitter and the receiver, and check the signal wire connection of your esc'

It's too vague though, I'm not sure what to do.
Yeah, this is gonna sound like your regular IT dept but is you esc cable plugged in properly? Just last Saturday I turned mine on and somehow the cable had come lose and I hod no throttle but servo worked just fine. .. I still need to check my esc

MST FS-01D >>> 2.00 CS
HPI Sprint 2 >>> 1.58 CS
It's all plugged in correctly, the problem occurred after I plugged in the program box and set the value to two, could this be something?

like stuck in a programming mode?
On a side note the guys did say there was no reverse mode, I reset it back to value 1 but it still doesn't work?

Am I programming wrong?

I plug the esc cable in (turned off)

Then I turn it on and set the value on the box then press ok

I turn it off then plug it back into the receiver

I still have this red light that stay on for 5 seconds then turns off
Hmmm. I just ran into a couple of issues myself and looked into your problem.

On your video when you try to set your end point you hold down the SET button and turn the ESC on but it looks like you are holding down the button for too long, as soon as you turn it on and it starts blinking let go of the SET button.

It will continue to blink and then just press the SET button once to set your throttle, it will blink once and go full throttle, press the button again and set your full brake after 2 blinks. Then press it again it will blink 3 times and just leave it at neutral. After that it should work.

Turn esc off and restart after 5 seconds and check its correct, if not, re do it.

When you hold the set button too long it goes into program mode.

On a side note, I saw you used connectors, make sure you soldered those and that they are making contact all the way because it just happened to me, my solder broke off on one of my connectors but it's was covered with shrink wrap and I did not realize it was not making contact which made me not be able to get any throttle response either. ( probably not your case but it happened to me)

Also I think my receiver may be reversed so that's why my sequence may be different than yours so if mine doesn't work try it a couple of different ways

MST FS-01D >>> 2.00 CS
HPI Sprint 2 >>> 1.58 CS
Did you figure this out after all?
MST FS-01D >>> 2.00 CS
HPI Sprint 2 >>> 1.58 CS
(08-23-2014, 11:02 AM)Rusty180SX Wrote:  Did you figure this out after all?

Sorry I went on holiday, I haven't had a chance to speak on forums or fiddle with my car, I believe it's still in programming mode, I cannot calibrate anymore, I did before, apparently I can't have reverse.

How would I get it out of programming mode?
It should reset to regular mode once you shut off the esc. When you hold the button on the esc let it go as soon as you turn it on and it will blink/beep like 5 times. Then press it again to start setting your end points...

It should reset to regular mode once you shut off the esc. When you hold the button on the esc let it go as soon as you turn it on and it will blink/beep like 5 times. Then press it again to start setting your end points...
MST FS-01D >>> 2.00 CS
HPI Sprint 2 >>> 1.58 CS

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Omg servo problem Drift12345678 9 1,507 09-16-2017, 09:32 PM
Last Post: littlemonsta
  Quick OMG ESC question CheddarCheesus 1 689 01-20-2017, 01:23 PM
Last Post: CheddarCheesus
  what kind of motor and esc is good for rc drifting Bosnadrifter79 3 2,576 07-05-2016, 10:39 AM
Last Post: DriftGundam
Image Motor, ESC, Controller mynamejeff 2 1,408 07-08-2015, 08:46 PM
Last Post: mynamejeff
  Will this set up of motor, esc and battery work? Finn61 6 1,833 11-16-2014, 11:22 AM
Last Post: Finn61
  How to pick a good Motor and ESC combo Z3L 6 3,264 03-15-2014, 10:55 AM
Last Post: Z3L
  Speed Passion Reventon Pro ESC problem Rusty180SX 8 9,959 12-02-2013, 07:35 PM
Last Post: DriftBreez
  Help with receiver/esc problem defty 15 6,060 06-09-2013, 07:13 AM
Last Post: defty
  ESC/Brushless Motor Combo? SlideSideWayz 5 3,766 05-27-2013, 09:54 AM
Last Post: matador88
  Wierd problem with ESC/motor Exita 8 2,590 04-01-2013, 09:40 AM
Last Post: pickled