Opinions on layout

14 Replies, 5931 Views

multi-bash, I haven't measured out the required space yet but I envision the road width to be equal to 2 car lenghts (about 3ft wide). Now that I do the math that would be about 36ftx24ft.... seems a bit smaller than what I had in mind. Your suggestion of 4ft wide road would probably be better and also make some of the 90* bits a little more friendlier to drift around. Or I could just add overall length to the entire track.

Another question would be, polymat or treated concrete? It'll be outdoors so imagine the concrete would require less maintenance and would dry much faster after any rain. Meh either way the base would be concrete.... I could always cut out carpet for it and keep it rolled up and only bring it out when desired....

I may need to work on putting this into something that I could render a bit more realistically. The landowner is a family member and wont be difficult to convince but it would be nice I think. <- any ideas on that one? Not really a big deal.
(This post was last modified: 03-13-2014, 01:53 AM by razar.)
Are u familiar with industrial grade stainless steal tubing.its used for instrumentation but i used for my hydraulic pumps in cars. (Similar to ac/ heater copper tubing but not in coils) Comes in 20' lengths and straight. had this idea of using 12" pieces and on one end putting a bend just like a street light. Pull wire and attach l.e.d. at the drop of bend. There are clips that can be used to mount tubing and best of all its corrosion proof. I think i have lots of it leftover.

Sent from my N860 using Tapatalk 2
davidsmunoz.... sir I may call on you in the future. I like the idea of stainless for obvious reasons.

I'm currently working on the particulars of my track idea and things are currently looking good Smile a lot out of pocket for me initially but I'm hedging my bets on long term enjoyment and the smiles on others faces :-)

I know that there are a couple tracks in Houston but they aren't drift friendly and I really would like to give folks an additional option on the south side of town.

fingers crossed
(This post was last modified: 03-14-2014, 03:51 AM by razar.)
Siccccc lay out
[Image: 1.jpg]
If you build this track, they will come.
3Racing Sakura D3 WIP thread