Rx 3 for new mst 01d pro

2 Replies, 1543 Views

Ok lets get started,firstly this will be my first post in this thread. So all replys,views and ideas would be greatly appreciated. Just got a brand spanking new mst ms-01d pro, have been building for the last fortnight after work each night. The build is complete so here are some pics of it, was a pretty easy build considering I've never done it before.

Now for the real reason where here the Rx3. I haven't seen to many builds on this body but I'm sure its been done, anyway this is right at the beginning and I would like ideas and input from you guys on colour, openings, motor etc....... here is  the blank canvas

Wow heaps of suff to cut out and stick on

(09-27-2015, 08:10 AM)villain rc Wrote: Ok lets get started,firstly this will be my first post in this thread. So all replys,views and ideas would be greatly appreciated. Just got a brand spanking new mst ms-01d pro, have been building for the last fortnight after work each night. The build is complete so here are some pics of it, was a pretty easy build considering I've never done it before.

Now for the real reason where here the Rx3. I haven't seen to many builds on this body but I'm sure its been done, anyway this is right at the beginning and I would like ideas and input from you guys on colour, openings, motor etc....... here is  the blank canvas

Wow heaps of suff to cut out and stick on
just Quick update bit crook today. Cut shell out 1 pass with a new blade and out she pops and I think the results speak for themselves. 

a few new hop ups from mrcplaza mad store if you in oz cheap and fast shipping  cheers

Been a couple of weeks since I last posted anything about this build. I have been doing heaps of research on liquid masks looking into getting an airbrush setup more $$$$ lol I love it cause he who dies with the most toys wins hahahahaha, although my missus wouldn't agree.
Anyway found out about gum glue as a mask its easy to get as bob divleys has to be shiped and anything out of the states at the moment is bullshit for shipping and our dollar is crap too. So masked it with gum glue about 3-4 coats very thin coats ( should of been a bit more heavy handed) and started my design. This took me for ever a little each night most of the last 2 weekends too but have really enjoyed it. I didn't get an airbrush yet and it would of made this a hell of alot easier and neater, so it was spray cans layer after layer and here are the results not perfect by any means but not to bad at least it worked and I didn't have to spray the outside of the shell black (which was plan b) still loads left to do an will update again when more is completed 

(This post was last modified: 10-11-2015, 07:03 AM by villain rc.)