Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
pickled's Sakura D3 CS Sport
So basically I'd have to get the cf top deck to match the cf chassis deck....? So I don't have banana chassis?
no they are the same length

It's weird everything seems the same length but the belt doesn't seem to have same tension issues with the Carbon chassis
Thanks, I'm going to lighten my chassis up some more. I'm praying it doesn't banana tho..lol
carbon is alot stiffer. the uprights and position of axles may have changed slightly. could be many different things
Keep Drifting Fun
[Image: 9121590828_f56a93fe31_o.jpg]
I got the MST axles yesterday, no glory on eagle r31 shafts. To much movement within the axle cup for my liking. I have few ideas for a fix but will see if it works first before posting.

Hopefully your square 31s are different and you have success.
I got mine today and put  them  on the 48mm shafts no probs like they were meant for them

all I can find in 48mm shaft length on eBay are the same square shafts I already have. found a set at bonzai hobby
just can't find the shafts by themselves
when you say axle cup do you mean the drive cups of the FOW or the joint on the MST wheel axles
im probably calling them the wrong thing.... MST Axle's as in the part that sits in the bearings inside of the knuckle...? The diameter of the ball section on the R31 axle shaft that holds the cylinder that the pin slides through is to small allowing to much movement.

Shit, i dont know if that just helped or made it worse...... I'll take some pics
yeah I know what your talkin about, the square CV joint is the right size maybe half a millimetre play but I had to take a pin from one of my D3 44mm CVD's as one in the square was slightly to long and wouldn't slide into the bearing but other than that they work fine. no slop
(01-23-2013, 02:45 AM)pickled Wrote:  yeah I know what your talkin about, the square CV joint is the right size maybe half a millimetre play but I had to take a pin from one of my D3 44mm CVD's as one in the square was slightly to long and wouldn't slide into the bearing but other than that they work fine. no slop

That's good, 0.5 millimetre wont hurt.. Shame you cant just get the Sqaure R31 shafts.
You'd have to be able to get them somewhere? you can get 44mm and 46mm square shafts from bonzai They have 48mm square titanium TA-05 shafts
I found a set of square SSJ-548 R31 dog bones @ rc-art.net

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  b00f's Sakura D3 CS Sport b00f 5 2,660 08-18-2014, 10:16 PM
Last Post: b00f
  eunique's fully hopped up Sakura D3 CS Sport eunique 146 63,655 11-16-2013, 11:55 AM
Last Post: eunique