Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
pickled's Sakura D3 CS Sport
found a  Square  TB Evo4 Titanium Cross Spider  and  Square  TB Evo4 Titanium Dog Bone (46mm)
Cheers for that, I wish they'd state if they're wide angle or not but for the money I may as well just grab some of the square wide angle cvds and be done with it. I'll wait until my modified D3's die first though.
lol your probably better off with the modified D3's looks like they give a huge angle anyway
Will be good to see how long they hold up. Cheers for going through all of the hassle with the links to the dog bones etc. I better get started on my horrible R2 lid at some point soon. I need the practice before I get something decent....lol
(01-24-2013, 09:24 PM)skr8pn Wrote:  I'm looking for 44mm and 46mm square wide angle shafts.

I have a pair of slightly used Tamiya 44mm, their not WA but they easily do 55+* with a little attention probably a lot more let me know if they could help
FS-01D
MS-01D
VDF-II
FR-D v3.0
Active FR Rwd - Forsale
(01-25-2013, 12:52 PM)Piper Wrote:  
(01-24-2013, 09:24 PM)skr8pn Wrote:  I'm looking for 44mm and 46mm square wide angle shafts.

I have a pair of slightly used Tamiya 44mm, their not WA but they easily do 55+* with a little attention probably a lot more let me know if they could help

Hey thanks bud, I'll pm you soon.
Hey pickled, I've been following along with you and some others over on the RC Tech thread about the D3 and I'm really interested in doing the KPI mod so I can get a ton of steering. I picked up the SSK shafts, but wasn't impressed with the steering throw.

I'm trying to piece together everything you used to do the mod, but I'm coming up short. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it appears you used these universals:
http://banzaihobby.com/Square-SSJ-548

And these uprights:
http://www.rc-mst.com/product_detail.php...eng&id=388

But what other items did you use and what's the process you used to complete the changes? I'd really appreciate if you could help me fill in all the blanks! =)

Thanks,
Tommy
MST axles  Square CVD's  yokomo type C upper arm  MST short upright
 a 20mm set screw and ball ends for the upper and lower arm connections

[Image: sam1861h.jpg]
[Image: sam1837t.jpg][Image: sam1736h.jpg]

there's more info on this setup in the suspension tuning 101 thread
Thanks a lot for the info. and links!  Are the aluminum uprights necessary or are there plastic equivalents that would work?  The aluminum ones are pretty pricey!
yeah you can get plastic ones that's what I started with except they aren't the short version

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  b00f's Sakura D3 CS Sport b00f 5 2,881 08-18-2014, 10:16 PM
Last Post: b00f
  eunique's fully hopped up Sakura D3 CS Sport eunique 146 66,388 11-16-2013, 11:55 AM
Last Post: eunique