pickled's Sakura D3 CS Sport

62 Replies, 49633 Views

great looking chassis w/barely any plastic left. nice steering angle too. i bet it handles like a dream
Team Ghost Drift
[Image: TGD+official+WHITE+side+decal+Osaka-Sans...+edit1.png]
MST FS-01D cs@2.0
Yokomo DRB cs@1.8
Eagle  R31 RWD
thanks yeah it's not too bad for a novice like myself, getting to handle it a bit better now. the only plastic left are the things you can't change.

Just wish there was a decent carpet track where I live. have to run it on grip racing tracks at my LHS. I think it would be cool if some one in South Australia made a purpose built drift track as long as it's not to far from where I live lol
(This post was last modified: 01-24-2013, 02:26 PM by pickled.)
The steering looks better now, can the wheels rotate at that angle without any resistance from the cvd joint? Also can you make any other adjustments to reduce the ackerman?
Very nice Pickled what Cvds are you looking for Skr8pn? a specific brand or more angle the better?
FS-01D
MS-01D
VDF-II
FR-D v3.0
Active FR Rwd - Forsale
I can set the toe to 1* from 2*, the wheels still spin nice the rim of the wheel axles aren't touching the shaft. We have made hybrid CVD's for more angle using MST wheel axles to fit our Knuckles and in my case Square dog bones
that looks amazing.

have you looked on reextremerc's blog lately??? hes back in australia and just visited a track somewhere there. maybe its close to you
Keep Drifting Fun
[Image: 9121590828_f56a93fe31_o.jpg]
not sure where it is but I don't think it's in my state, doh
(01-24-2013, 08:16 PM)Piper Wrote: Very nice Pickled what Cvds are you looking for Skr8pn? a specific brand or more angle the better?

I'm looking for 44mm and 46mm square wide angle shafts.

(01-24-2013, 10:48 PM)pickled Wrote: I can set the toe to 1* from 2*, the wheels still spin nice the rim of the wheel axles aren't touching the shaft. We have made hybrid CVD's for more angle using MST wheel axles to fit our Knuckles and in my case Square dog bones
i'm going to make some different mounting position plates for the knuckles to correct ackerman, i'm actually having to run neg toe due to the shocks being in the way.... Another excuse for more mods...lol do the barrels and pins from the D3 cvd's fit into the squares?
the pins do but the D3 barrels are a smaller diameter, I checked that when I had them apart
you mean the cylinder that has the set screw in it to lock the pin right?

I meant toe out 1* from 2*
(This post was last modified: 01-25-2013, 04:04 AM by pickled.)
(01-25-2013, 04:00 AM)pickled Wrote: the pins do but the D3 barrels are a smaller diameter, I checked that when I had them apart
you mean the cylinder that has the set screw in it to lock the pin right?

I meant toe out 1* from 2*

yea thats the part i'm talking about...Typical.... I found some shafts but they dont come with cylinders and pins.