Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Plz Help me order Alum. parts for Sakura D3
you right about that.
what I ment is that cars are more complicated parts wize..
I fly simple planes, one motor, 3-4 servos etc.. not as much parts as cars
when I started to read some RC Cars forums a few weeks ago, I got a little overwhelmed..
I guess you got to dig in like everything else.
(12-23-2012, 07:14 AM)Exita Wrote:  you right about that.
what I ment is that cars are more complicated parts wize..
I fly simple planes, one motor, 3-4 servos etc.. not as much parts as cars
when I started to read some RC Cars forums a few weeks ago, I got a little overwhelmed..
I guess you got to dig in like everything else.

It's only as complicated as you let it be. once you get to grips with it you'll understand how the settings effect the cars controllability but that comes with trial and error it's something people can tell you but you won't get it till you have some experience with it.

Did you buy alloy suspension mounts if you did you'll also need suspension pivot balls the tamiya ones fit and I used 1.5mm M3 washers to space the arms but you need to work the arms till they loosen up, you could use 1mm washers as that is what come in plastic with the kit?

You  should  look at getting some decent grease I use tamiya Cera-Grease HG boron nitride compound it's pretty good from what I have experienced and has anti wear characteristics great for greasing up the SSK's and the suspension balls
I didn't order any Alum. parts yet. I've already ordered the kit (didn't arrived yet)
gonna order all Alum. parts I can get in a week or so.
I think I saw your post on another forum about the pivot balls so I added them to my shopping list, also going to order 1mm & 0.5mm Aluminum washers for the belt tension mod
so maybe I can use them to space the arms too..
yeah that's good cause you only need 2 of each for the rear pulley mount, if your shell has a wheelbase of 257mm like most do I found with my tamiya Nismo R34 GTR that the wheels don't quite fit the  wheel arches they are slightly off centre so you could adjust them by using 1.5mm on the side closer to the arch and 1mm on the side with the most room to get it closer to the centre of the gaurds but you don't know till you put the shell on

by the way the plastic rear pulley mount doesn't  align well so you may get noises coming from that area with the pulleys and belts
Thanks for the info
does the rear pully mount has Aluminum replacement? I dont recall that part
yeah it does.
OK
Thanks buddy

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sakura D4 ball cap end broke can't find plz help Ovah 5 675 04-03-2018, 02:07 AM
Last Post: littlemonsta
  Newb, Need Help for Sakura D3 parts choise shadigun 1 1,247 03-14-2016, 12:42 PM
Last Post: driftscooby
  Order screws, ball joints, etc Combat_Drftr 3 1,546 04-25-2013, 07:25 PM
Last Post: Combat_Drftr