Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problem with my RC car
Hi everyone,

I don't know whether anyone can help but i'm having trouble with my RC drift car, everytime I switch my RC car on the steering ends up steering to the left and I cant understand why, whether theres a problem with some of the components, but if anyone can help me I would be very grateful.
This is possibly a dumb question but have you checked your steering trim?

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk
(03-26-2020, 04:09 PM)D4rwds13 Wrote:  This is possibly a dumb question but have you checked your steering trim?

I've tried adjusting everything and nothing seems to work.
Does it still steer both ways alright?

And was your steering servo centered when the servo horn was put on?

(03-26-2020, 04:12 PM)D4rwds13 Wrote:  Does it still steer both ways alright?

And was your steering servo centered when the servo horn was put on?

When driving along I have to hold the steerng controls the opposite way to keep it staright but when I let go the steering just stays towards the left and wont straighten, I brought the RC kit already built and ive tried reconnecting the controller to the car but still doesn't work
(03-26-2020, 04:18 PM)Karl Renshaw Wrote:  When driving along I have to hold the steerng controls the opposite way to keep it staright but when I let go the steering just stays towards the left and wont straighten, I brought the RC kit already built and ive tried reconnecting the controller to the car but still doesn't work

Alright. First thing I'd try is unscrew the horn from the servo, turn on the radio, center your steering trim and turn the car on, screw the horn back on with everything still on so it hold center and see how that goes.

(03-26-2020, 04:24 PM)D4rwds13 Wrote:  
(03-26-2020, 04:18 PM)Karl Renshaw Wrote:  When driving along I have to hold the steerng controls the opposite way to keep it staright but when I let go the steering just stays towards the left and wont straighten, I brought the RC kit already built and ive tried reconnecting the controller to the car but still doesn't work

Alright. First thing I'd try is unscrew the horn from the servo, turn on the radio, center your steering trim and turn the car on, screw the horn back on with everything still on so it hold center and see how that goes.

okay thank you, ill try that first and see what happens, if I have any other trouble ill post another comment on here. Thank you
(03-26-2020, 04:35 PM)Karl Renshaw Wrote:  
(03-26-2020, 04:24 PM)D4rwds13 Wrote:  

okay thank you, ill try that first and see what happens, if I have any other trouble ill post another comment on here. Thank you
No worries, hopefully that solves the problem.

i tried to upload a video to show what was happening but it wont let me upload the video so I will have to explain what is happening.

whats happening is that when I turn the car on it turns on fine, when I turn the controller on, the wheels on the car turn to the right. when I turn the controller off the wheels stay to the right but the motor starts making a noise and you can see the fan turning but when I switch the controller back on it stops, I can turn to the left but I cant got straight or turn the controller to the right cus the wheels are always pointing to the right. it was working fine before but suddenly started playing up on me and I cant understand why.