Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Project Locked UP (Fully adjustable caster RWD D4)
I got a D4 is a trade and it has a carbon fiber upper and lower chassis also has a bunch of aluminum. It maybe be a clone though it did come in a Sakura D4 box with manual. One of the guys at the track has the clone and mine looks like his except he has added the Yeah Racing upgrade to it. His drifts very well. At this point I would imagine he has about the same money in his as if he had started with a Yd-2 or RMX 2.0S.

It's a shame that most of the pictures aren't showing up, sure helped, you know what they say a picture is worth a thousand words.
Gramps
---------------------------------------------------
MST RMX 2.0S 
MST FXX-D
Exceed RC MadPulse awd

(07-08-2017, 06:24 PM)Gramps50 Wrote:  I got a D4 is a trade and it has a carbon fiber upper and lower chassis also has a bunch of aluminum. It maybe be a clone though it did come in a Sakura D4 box with manual. One of the guys at the track has the clone and mine looks like his except he has added the Yeah Racing upgrade to it. His drifts very well. At this point I would imagine he has about the same money in his as if he had started with a Yd-2 or RMX 2.0S.

It's a shame that most of the pictures aren't showing up, sure helped, you know what they say a picture is worth a thousand words.
I would double check the parts that are suspected to be cloned. I have experienced really bad quality with cloned parts on the d4

Cloned steering rack. Too much gap between the bearings and the steering post. Steering is loose and inaccurate . Can't be fixed. You need a proper one.

Cloned upper arm. Again the gaps between the threads and the cup joints are loose. Requires washers to tighten them

Cloned front knuckles. Absolutely unusable. Bearing do not fit correctly. Causing bearings to slow down . Design based on v1 which also hits the steering linkage during full locks.

Cloned front lower arms. Not much problems. But really doesn't add anything to value except that it looks pretty.

Cloned rear arms . Linkage to hubs are a little loose. You need additional screw to tighten the hub to arms.

Cloned rear hubs. Same as above they require a screw to be tightened.

I didn't try others. But would rather stay away from cloned parts unless you know how to fix it.

Sent from my Lenovo P1a42 using Tapatalk
Team Magic - E4D(4) RWD - Sakura D4 RWD