Project Traxxas XO-1D (1/7 scale drift car)

5 Replies, 3291 Views

Here I am to share my 1/7 scale drifter!

It started as a stripped-down XO-1 roller (no body, electronics, wheels) that I bought brand-new from ebay.

It took a while to get it ready because everything R/C is hard to get here in Brazil (taxes, customs clearance, delivery service, etc), but the electronics and radio parts I already had as spares that I kept for my off-road rides.

So this is the XO-1D, mainly designed to be a drifter to play around the track where I use to race:

- pre-painted and trimmed Corvette body from KillerBody;
- drift tires and wheels (they come premounted) from the Exceed 1/8 MadDrift;
- Hobbywing SCT Pro ESC + SpeedPassion Cirtix slotless 2500kV motor;
- Sanwa HVS-ZS servo;
- Sanwa RX461 receiver paired to my Sanwa MT4 "blue carbon" (water transfer printing);
- Turnigy LED system;

In order to achieve a better off-set for the drift set of wheels I had to use Integy hex adapters for the Slash line of vehicles (+18mm in the rear and +12mm in the front).

I used 30k oil for the rear diff, but maybe a diff putty would be better at locking the diff, but I went for the thicker oil I had at hand.

Also switched the springs for a stiffer set (Integy 25lb rears and 22lb at the front end).

I am using 4s batteries (2 x 2s 5000mAh Zippys), and here are some pictures and videos:

[Image: cardinal-albums-traxxas-xo-1s-picture208...ift-1.jpeg]

[Image: cardinal-albums-traxxas-xo-1s-picture208...ift-4.jpeg]

[Image: cardinal-albums-traxxas-xo-1s-picture208...ift-9.jpeg]

[Image: cardinal-albums-traxxas-xo-1s-picture208...ft-13.jpeg]

[Image: cardinal-albums-traxxas-xo-1s-picture208...ft-14.jpeg]

[Image: cardinal-albums-traxxas-xo-1s-picture208...o-1-8.jpeg]

And here some videos:

[YOUTUBE]rLByx94_3NA[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]2CXACiaqjLg[/YOUTUBE]

This short one in slow motion is my latest and also the favorite:

[YOUTUBE]SgsVGejL5j8[/YOUTUBE]

Cheers!
Team Associated | Mugen | HoBao | MST | Traxxas | Tamiya | Hobbywing | JConcepts | AKA | Sanwa
Looks awesome man! Definitly unique, most people utilize that chassis pure speed runs.

Definitely something new with it. Love the parts from thw x 01. Super strong diffs, i believe a diff spool for a slash will be a direct fit into the x01 diff case. Should not need to lock your stock.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk
Yokomo DP - RWD | Instagram: Hobby_Monster
(This post was last modified: 10-24-2015, 12:19 AM by idroppedthegrenade.)
What camera did you use to get that near perfect slowmotion on your 3rd video - Been trying to do 720p 60fps and slow them down in processing afterwards
but they end up being choppy while changing frames.

Awesome that someone is taking a 60+ mph car and turns it into a drifter, though the car is 50/50.
MST XXX-D VIP - CS 2.0 - Main

MST FMX-D PRO - RWD - Main

MST RMX-S 2.0 - RWD - Secondary
(This post was last modified: 10-25-2015, 10:40 AM by Woodsnail.)
(10-24-2015, 12:15 AM)idroppedthegrenade Wrote: Looks awesome man! Definitly unique, most people utilize that chassis pure speed runs.

Definitely something new with it. Love the parts from thw x 01. Super strong diffs, i believe a diff spool for a slash will be a direct fit into the x01 diff case. Should not need to lock your stock.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Thanks, idroppedthegrenade!

Maybe the diff spool from a Traxxas Slash will fit, but I have opened the diff and put some diff putty in there, already...

Cheers and thanks for the tip, anyway!
Team Associated | Mugen | HoBao | MST | Traxxas | Tamiya | Hobbywing | JConcepts | AKA | Sanwa
(10-25-2015, 10:39 AM)Woodsnail Wrote: What camera did you use to get that near perfect slowmotion on your 3rd video - Been trying to do 720p 60fps and slow them down in processing afterwards
but they end up being choppy while changing frames.

Awesome that someone is taking a 60+ mph car and turns it into a drifter, though the car is 50/50.

Hi, Woodsnail!

The third video was shot using the native slow motion camera option of an iPhone 6, and edited using iMovie native app.

The idea of turning the XO-1 into a drifter was taken from The Jang from URC (though he was using another approach) but still leaves people turning heads - or scratching them! LOL

Cheers from Brazil!
(This post was last modified: 10-26-2015, 12:53 PM by cardinal.)
And here am i as a Lumia user - i sweared i'd never go back to pricey apples and buggy droids..

A shame Tongue
MST XXX-D VIP - CS 2.0 - Main

MST FMX-D PRO - RWD - Main

MST RMX-S 2.0 - RWD - Secondary