prototype Sumo R35 GT

28 Replies, 13769 Views

Thanks for the info. I'll have to get some of the ps55 then. On my rock crawlers, I've always sprayed some sort of silver base on the inside of the body, then flat black inside and out (cheap Walmart spray can). Not entirely concerned with perfect adhesion in this case, since it IS a rock crawler and I want to get the effect of exposed metal when the rock rash begins. Your flat doesn't have the build-up that mine does and I assumed that you used a different technique. Oh, and it was your vent work that made me decide to get the body. I would like to talk to you via PM sometime as to your technique for opening up the vent areas as well as what you used for the mesh. Unless, of course you don't mind sharing here. Smile
Love the vent vent work and fastener details. You've got the stance dead-on. Makes me want that Sumo body now instead of a regular R35. Keep up the good work!
damm this ones cool
this is so hot!!!! amazing work alvin!
Keep Drifting Fun
[Image: 9121590828_f56a93fe31_o.jpg]
thanks everyone, @ bugman, there's no special technique really, just a lot of patience and i guess being very careful not to mess up the shell being and knowing its the last shell available aswell. about painting technique, again just have to be really patience and wait for each coat to dry a full day after each coat, this recieve about 3 coats on the inside and 2 coats on the outside. Wink

sharing is wealth...
alvin
[Image: newsig.jpg]
That is just pure awesomeness - Great work!
[Image: Knytemare_Sig.png]
i seen alot of black painted car, your is by far the best!

LEAD FOLLOW OR GET OUT THE WAY!
(This post was last modified: 11-03-2013, 01:30 PM by driftnetwork.)
Yep, saw this on FB.
One of the best shells I've ever seen!
nice work..
(11-04-2013, 03:37 AM)eazy street Wrote: Yep, saw this on FB.
One of the best shells I've ever seen!
nice work..

That's a LOT coming from this guy
Currently working on a RWD Sakura D3 Check out my --->build thread:^^:

I just want to take the time post this here...I hope that all is well with lexury. His location is shown as being in the Philippines and I hope that he and his family have been spared any devastation that the super typhoon delivered to the country. Thoughts and prayers go out to he and all others affected.