Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Questions about wheel fitting and general compatibility
So I have just ordered my first RC drift chassis (sprint 2 drift) which should arrive tomorrow or Wednesday, one of the first things I want to do is create the car that I have always wanted (a slammed and cambered 180sx olive green with neon orange wheels and minimalist neon orange sponsor decals)

My first question is what offset wheels should I get to achieve a nice stanced and cambered look on a 190mm body

Also I'm assuming that the distance between the front and rear wheels on chassis are generally the same (as in all standard 1:10 bodies will fit my chassis)

http://www.rc-race-and-drift-japan.com/i...cts_id=759 how is that body? does it come with all the extra bits like other yokomo bodies, and is it well detailed?

Lastly any general tips for getting started on my body such as tools ill need and tips and tricks to get the desired look while not sacrificing performance?
[Image: tLe4AQ5.jpg]
not all bodies are formed with the same wheelbase as not all RC chassis have the same wheelbase.
offset wheels will depend on te body you choose. 190mm bodies do not all use the same offset wheels. your chassis width and the width of the body at the wheel wells vary from company to company. test for your body to your chassis and test for some different offset wheels for best fit. if nothing else, use your stock 3mm and 6mm wheels are a guide to help choose proper offset for the 180sx body.
HPI Sprint 2 Flux - full carbon fiber/aluminum upgrades 50/50
HPI Sprint 2 Flux - RWD project
HPI RS4 Sport 3  - carbon fiber/aluminum shelf queen
(06-02-2014, 07:49 PM)wareagle84 Wrote:  not all bodies are formed with the same wheelbase as not all RC chassis have the same wheelbase.
offset wheels will depend on te body you choose. 190mm bodies do not all use the same offset wheels. your chassis width and the width of the body at the wheel wells vary from company to company. test for your body to your chassis and test for some different offset wheels for best fit. if nothing else, use your stock 3mm and 6mm wheels are a guide to help choose proper offset for the 180sx body.

thanks for the response! I guess Ill start with the stock wheels and go from there, on the body though, is there any way for me to tell if my chassis and that 180 body will be compatible? or os that up to where I cut the holes for the wheels?
"Standard Touring Car 1/10" will be 257-260mm wheelbase.
Just watch out for M-chassis or Clubracer minis or LWB oddities
but they are the rare minorities.

Width (track) differs depending on shell.
Std electric chassis usually around 185-190mm, nitros are 200mm.
Then you can add extra width via hub thickness & wheel offset.

In the early days Yok had short arms/axle option to make width LESS than std
but these days it's not easily done off the shelf anymore.
[Image: MRCsig.gif]
(06-02-2014, 09:54 PM)tamiya Wrote:  "Standard Touring Car 1/10" will be 257-260mm wheelbase.
Just watch out for M-chassis or Clubracer minis or LWB oddities
but they are the rare minorities.

Width (track) differs depending on shell.
Std electric chassis usually around 185-190mm, nitros are 200mm.
Then you can add extra width via hub thickness & wheel offset.

In the early days Yok had short arms/axle option to make width LESS than std
but these days it's not easily done off the shelf anymore.

Thanks for the response! So do a standard yokomo 180 body shouldn't be a problem I suppose. On the subject of width though, I only want to have my wheels stick out so offset should do that right? I don't want to lessen the width of them
Also watch out for offset on different manufacturers. They're all different! Some 12 are less then some 10 ect

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
Keep Drifting Fun
[Image: 9121590828_f56a93fe31_o.jpg]
(06-03-2014, 05:18 AM)Das_TrA Wrote:  Thanks for the response! So do a standard yokomo 180 body shouldn't be a problem I suppose. On the subject of width though, I only want to have my wheels stick out so offset should do that right? I don't want to lessen the width of them

yep Yokomo 180SX is sized for std touring car 259mm wheelbase
and fairly narrow at 190mm... it's also pretty long overall

[Image: DSC06206-640.jpg]

Afaik everyone else's 180SX is also std sized, have not heard of
any 180SX done in different size yet from the usual suspects

Your camber settings will also affect width of axle at the top,
thus change your stance too.
[Image: MRCsig.gif]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fitting an engine bay stanced x drift 0 466 11-16-2017, 01:30 PM
Last Post: stanced x drift