RC body rack

6 Replies, 2728 Views

If you're like me and love to do RC drift bodies......and end up having to stack them up somewhere because you've done too many of them (and still plan to do more), then you've probably been seeking for some kind of solution on how to organize your RC bodies in a neat and orderly fashion. I thought up this idea for an RC body rack. Here's mine.

[Image: 20160320_135950_resized.jpg]

[Image: 20160320_135959_resized.jpg]

I just cut down some 2x4 into the posts (roughly 1.5x1.5) and got some dowel spaced 10" apart to accommodate ANY 1/10 touring body. Mine fits a total of 12 bodies with some room on the bottom to store other things (more bodies :xD: ).

[Image: 20160320_140035_resized.jpg]

[Image: 20160320_140045_resized.jpg]

[Image: 20160320_140104_resized.jpg]

Here it is in my closet.

[Image: 20160320_140600_resized.jpg]

Very neat and clean. This was very easy to build (I used a table saw). Just need some square and round dowel, cut it to length and put together (nail, screws, glue, etc), and paint if you desire. Mine measures about 27" wide, 18" deep, 35" high. You can measure and make it to accommodate whatever space you plan to put it. The only measurement that has to be like mine is the dowel spacing, which HAS to be 10" apart to fit the bodies.
[Image: AWESOMENESS.jpg]
3Racing Sakura D4 RWD
Great DIY! Thanks for sharing Smile

Sent from the official DriftMission app on Android https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...ission.com
very nice work.. Smile
Very nice work.

For the less wood-working inclined, you might be able to build something similar out of 1/2" PVC pipe and Tee-fittings.

-Vic
Stable
  • Yokomo DIB275 Premium (RWD Conversion)
  • Yokomo DPR (Hayato Yoshiba Spec)
  • Yokomo YD-4
  • Yokomo YD-2 PLUS
Drift Gundam Blog
(03-21-2016, 07:55 PM)DriftGundam Wrote: Very nice work.

For the less wood-working inclined, you might be able to build something similar out of 1/2" PVC pipe and Tee-fittings.

-Vic

Very true. Just have to glue it together so it stays together once assembled. I had just finished making a workbench cabinet in my garage so I had "carpenter fever" and wanted something else to build.
[Image: AWESOMENESS.jpg]
3Racing Sakura D4 RWD
Very nicely put together! I need something like this.

P.S. Awesome shells!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
Yes definitely a great way to hang them.
MST RMX 2.0S