Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
RC Drift Car Beginnings.
Hey guys, I've caught the bug for RC Drifting. I've watched so many videos for months. Lately I've been scouring around looking for a god car to start off with. The first I found was the Exceed RTR sh*tbox. Lol
I went away from that and found the Sakura D3. Great chassis and good reviews. But in the long run, would be expensive for me as I am just beginning. But I did find an option. A touring car. It's a 1:10 scale replica of Peter Brock's A9X Torana. I've had the chance to drive this little beast and it's great. I also tried with drift tires and it drifts! ^^ ^^
It's now on lay-by with $150 dollars to go. :D

Here is the car I put on lay-by. It's more of a touring car but with drift tires this thing can drift. http://http://www.modelengines.com.au/re...cat_id=DVH
[Image: 18099.gif?r=1358485001]
Cheers. :D I'll see if I can get the link fixed up. If not, I'll try tomorrow.
nice A9X I'll try
torana A9X

yep got it to work
here is a pic of the chassis
[Image: 17096.jpg?r=1348122198]
Not that this chassis is bad but it looks like a TT-01 clone there a a few variations but not much. Unless it is a real steal i would look into getting a TT-01D or maybe a HPI Sprint.

Only because the availability of parts for the above chassis may be very poor and the ability to get hopups could be limited. sure there are some parts that are interchangeable like touring cars shocks the are about the same length on all cars maybe a 1 or 2 mm different in length. but diff gears and c-hub parts as well as control arms my not be readily available.

Here is a link for a HPI Sprint from A Main Hobbies it is not the iconic body but that can be changed easly.
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_info...dio-System

Here is a link for a Tamyia TT-01D from Tower Hobbies again it is not the iconic body but that can be changed easly.
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti...XANJT&P=FR

Just my two cents.
you can't get that shell any other way. So it's an expensive shell if you do experience issues with the chassis have a look into purchasing a chassis like this one which is awesome
Eagle Racing TT01 Drift Full OP Kit AL Sus Set
[Image: 3711V3-AL.jpg]
It comes with a FOW and a CS Ratio of 1.56
Tamiya TT-01 and HPI Sprint 2's are both nice choices.   A friend of mines uses the Sprint 2 and likes it!   I have a TT-01 myself and have a great time!
[Image: Knytemare_Sig.png]
(01-22-2013, 12:38 AM)Knytemare Wrote:  Tamiya TT-01 and HPI Sprint 2's are both nice choices.   A friend of mines uses the Sprint 2 and likes it!   I have a TT-01 myself and have a great time!

is your TT-01 standard? cause the Eagle Racing will cost far less in hop ups. It's fully optioned and costs $167.99 it kills a stock TT-01 or a HPI sprint (in fact all the good hop ups for TT-01's are made by eagle racing)
Don't forget the 3racing Sakura S and Sakura D3. Those are very good options, especially for the price!

Same goes for the Hotbodies Cyclone S and maybe the Tamiya TA05 and TA06.
[Image: twssig.png]
wreckitsideways.com
ZILLAlife*Hiro Seiko*Tonisport*SkyRC*RC OMG
I prefer the LJ torry over the LH,LX
[Image: xu1-orange-01C.gif]
But the problem is it costs so much for a chinese chassis and a body that you can only get if you buy the whole thing
(01-22-2013, 07:52 AM)pickled Wrote:  I prefer the LJ torry over the LH,LX
[Image: xu1-orange-01C.gif]
But the problem is it costs so much for a chinese chassis and a body that you can only get if you buy the whole thing

wow that looks almost like an old nova or chevelle ss.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Beginnings help :) Cameron2310 1 971 03-17-2015, 07:36 PM
Last Post: MrAkhtar86