Tamiya TT02 - S build

29 Replies, 6437 Views

New tires today! Hurrah!

[Image: 7EMfVtg.jpg]
They're a really nice fit on my rims. I'll report back on how they slide compared to my INtegy tires.
So with all the steering angle mods I did, the front dog bones like to pop out. Universal shafts are on the way! Looks Like i go back to my model train village while I wait for the slowboat.
My front one way's showed up today!

This in combination with the new tires and it just slides like a dream. I LOVE having that ebrake!

[Image: oVRgYgc.jpg]

If you got a tt02 S this diff comes in two different versions.

the TT01 version is NOT a direct fit, but with a sold seperate axle cup it is.
[Image: oVRgYgc.jpg]

You want the one for the TB-01. The dog-bone cups are MUCH smaller.

Here's an example.

[Image: aEap6qr.jpg]
My truck is the green one, And my room mate/ Best friend slides the AE86.

They're both tamiyas, Mine is the "S" version, and the Toyota is the "R"

The S seems to just be a tt02 with suspension stolen from the tb01 buggy.

I'm still not sure on which I prefer. I think the R kit has a lot less slop in the A arms. But the S kit is way more adjustable...

Roommate found out what happens when you hook up a 5000Mah 11.1v50C battery. Siezed motor smells baaadd. lol

So at this point

Aluminum drive shaft
Aluminum Drive Cups
High speed gear set
High angle steering set
Aluminum steering bridge
Added nylon spacers on the pins for both front and rear A-Arms to Reduce slop
All Screw holes got a Very thin piece of brass wire to increase rigidity and strength .021 I think?
(drift tires, obviously..)
Rear Bumper! This big foam thing has saved me several times from snapping off something else.
Front TB-01 One way unit
Rear diff locking block

After installing some front universal shafts, (orderd and waiting) I plan on only two more upgrade parts:

Front Aluminum A Arms, C hub, And Carriers. That should get rid of what little slop is left.

Maybe.

I kinda like it slow.
(This post was last modified: 05-18-2017, 11:14 PM by santafe17.)
I'm quite surprized you went with Tamiya as a driftcar when you get MST drift tyres, you must have knowledge about their drift cars?

They are built with +50 degress of angle and with some upgrades, 60 is possible.

I guess the TT02 is quite limited in any way and for you to upgrade it that much, couldn't the money could go to a car developed for drifting?
MST XXX-D VIP - CS 2.0 - Main

MST FMX-D PRO - RWD - Main

MST RMX-S 2.0 - RWD - Secondary
(05-22-2017, 10:28 AM)Woodsnail Wrote: I'm quite surprized you went with Tamiya as a driftcar when you get MST drift tyres, you must have knowledge about their drift cars?

They are built with +50 degress of angle and with some upgrades, 60 is possible.

I guess the TT02 is quite limited in any way and for you to upgrade it that much, couldn't the money could go to a car developed for drifting?

Wheres the fun in buying something that's already there?

I'd rather modify something else to be better.

It also serves me as a multi purpose car.

Easily jack up the ride height, put on some rally tires and go play in the dirt.

The price wasnt much different, either, 3-4 hundred with the transmitter and some batteries.
(This post was last modified: 05-22-2017, 06:57 PM by santafe17.)
might not be 50 degrees but it's enough for me.

[Image: BN3i5b2.jpg]
You can use tt01 diffsin the tt02...is what I've been told...cs anyone?

Sent from my LGAS375 using Tapatalk
Honestly any more angle and the car wouldnt be driveable lol