MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
regular maintenance?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
regular maintenance?
hi folks am looking for some cleaning, up keep, and maintenance tips for my drifter. where i use the car is in a dusty machine shop at my place of work I sweep the floors pretty good.... but hey it a work shop on a farm cant expect to much. any advice would be a great help thanks.
Get sealed bearings, and blow it off after every run. Grease everything once every few runs. Should be more than enough to keep it running well
Keep Drifting Fun
[Image: 9121590828_f56a93fe31_o.jpg]
I agree with Robb, also doesn't hurt to get canned air to get stuff out of there.. I take mine apart every week to clean out.. No need to do that but it's the OCD in me.. Lol
The underdog drifter....
[Image: 117.gif]
thanks guys. great help. anything special bout maintaining a brushed motor?
Me since will all the heavy dust here jus after each session with canned air tubing I would blow out all the ventilation areas you would be surprised how much stuff get accumulated in there...
The underdog drifter....
thats about it aside from replacing the brushes every so often
Keep Drifting Fun
Yup got tired of doing that so went with brushless motors.. Hehe..
The underdog drifter....
thanks very much. I have been blowing car off after every 1/2 hr of drive time. and when done i have been giving the can a couple shots of oil. and blowing out driveline and putting some grease to the bearings. this is the original can and ecs in this chassis so when the brushed motor finally wears out I will be looking at a sensored brushless combo. this motor not liking to be run at lower rpm. it likes to lag abit b4 it picks up. does that mean the brushes are in need of replacing?
sometimes... this usually means the commutator is worn and needs to be addressed.

(01-11-2013, 06:44 AM)toefurkeybasher Wrote:  thanks very much. I have been blowing car off after every 1/2 hr of drive time. and when done i have been giving the can a couple shots of oil. and blowing out driveline and putting some grease to the bearings. this is the original can and ecs in this chassis so when the brushed motor finally wears out I will be looking at a sensored brushless combo. this motor not liking to be run at lower rpm. it likes to lag abit b4 it picks up. does that mean the brushes are in need of replacing?
Keep Drifting Fun
ok that don't sound to good. what needs to be done with the commutator to fix this?

(01-11-2013, 06:57 AM)robb41488 Wrote:  sometimes... this usually means the commutator is worn and needs to be addressed.

(01-11-2013, 06:44 AM)toefurkeybasher Wrote:  thanks very much. I have been blowing car off after every 1/2 hr of drive time. and when done i have been giving the can a couple shots of oil. and blowing out driveline and putting some grease to the bearings. this is the original can and ecs in this chassis so when the brushed motor finally wears out I will be looking at a sensored brushless combo. this motor not liking to be run at lower rpm. it likes to lag abit b4 it picks up. does that mean the brushes are in need of replacing?