Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Removing t-drift tyres?
I'm having trouble removing t-drift tyres from r2 hobby. I tried dipping them in hot water, didn't work. Boiling the wheels, didn't work.
The problem seems to be coming from the tyres as they have a bit of edge and lock themselves in to the rim.

I don't have the tyre installing/removing tool either.
When I installed it I boiled each tyre and step on it. Now I can't get it out.
Haha I have the same problem. Fortunately I had some cheap rim and I was trying to remove my DS tires. I had to saw and cut the rims to remove the tires. The rims did not survive. The tires did.

With some success I had to boil the rims and tires for nearly 2 minutes before they would come off. I had to do that individually for four tires.
It was really difficult to come out.

Now I just look for rims without edges. Secure the rims and tires with foam tape and double sided 3M.

Sent from my Lenovo P1a42 using Tapatalk
Team Magic - E4D(4) RWD - Sakura D4 RWD
once the tires are boiled and hot I force tire to one side of the rim and then focus on getting that one section off a little, once its off a little i work my way around the rim with the tire
Leave the wheel in boiling water a bit longer

Sent from my SM-G930T using DriftMission
It was 3 minutes. The paint started to peel off.

edit:
I tried boiling for 5 minutes and it did the trick. The tyres are off but the wheels melted. Well... I was kinda hope the wheel would survive though, all other wheels when through almost the same treatment and they survived.
(03-11-2017, 11:17 AM)BambooSwordBa Wrote:  It was 3 minutes. The paint started to peel off.

edit:
I tried boiling for 5 minutes and it did the trick. The tyres are off but the wheels melted. Well... I was kinda hope the wheel would survive though, all other wheels when through almost the same treatment and they survived.
Haha I find that funny. We now know not to boil wheels above 2.5 minutes.

Anyway the manual for my wheels say not to boil wheels. They said to soak it in boiling water to fit the rims in. But never mentioned how to take it out.

Sent from my Lenovo P1a42 using Tapatalk
Team Magic - E4D(4) RWD - Sakura D4 RWD
you can boil the water but take the water off the fire before soaking the tire
Thanks all. I'm keeping the advice for my next set of wheels.
I remove it because they was all out of balance. I don't know where the problem came from. Might be the wheel might be the tyres... I don't know.

Edit:
Got a bit of time today and I tried mounting the tyres on my good wheels. It was the wheels that were out of balance.
I dip'em in hot water for a min...then sit it on top of a mason jar and push a screwdriver handle through it...sometimes it takes a couple hard knocks but it seems to work for me

Sent from my LGAS375 using Tapatalk

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  removing zap glue Splinter 2 783 02-10-2015, 02:30 AM
Last Post: Splinter
  Removing paint on a body joshb_18 9 2,451 08-18-2014, 07:12 PM
Last Post: wareagle84
  Drift Tyres/Tires help. Always_Drifting_ 5 1,974 04-01-2013, 11:49 PM
Last Post: Always_Drifting_