Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Returning to rc after 20 years. So an old noob
Hi all, An7iVirus here from Essex in the UK. After a long time away from the cool world of rc i have decided to return and start a fresh. I have been lòoking on many forums and the web in general and have choosen to try rc drifting. My local hobby store mainly stocks tamiya so i have decided to go with what the local shop stocks (plus i was an old tamiya guy many mòons ago). I have just purchased a taniya TT02R kit and puurchased a few hop-ups with it. Trf shocks. Alloy tamiya steering links, eagle racing drift suspension set, alloy suspension post and a few more.( will try and add some pics soon). Would like some advice on motor, speed controller, servo, batery and radio gear as have yet to purchase. Just intend to run outdoors as not sure of any local indoor clubs close to me. So any advice would be much appriciated.

Thanks and happy drifting to all

Attached Files
.jpg   2015-06-09 17.41.20.jpg (Size: 366.42 KB / Downloads: 14)
.jpg   2015-06-09 17.50.19.jpg (Size: 300.68 KB / Downloads: 12)
{myadvertisements[zone_3]}
Where in Essex are you?
Clacton-on-sea
There's an outdoor track in Colchester, by the side of the a12.
There's also an indoor track in Rayleigh
Thanks will have to investigate.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
First need to finish the build, just a shelf chassis at the mo lol

I'm half way through a tt02 build myself, I got a Porsche tt02 kit with the full yeah racing hop up kit. Was £160 off eBay, which I didn't think was bad as the yeah racing kit is nearly that much on its own. I've bought a couple of part packs so I can make 2 cars out of it all.
I got the TT02R kit cheap, also got front way but the cups on it are for the larger balljoint on the cj's but they wont work with the eagle racing drift suspension i installed. So looking for different cups or another one way diff. I have locked up the rear. If you know of any one one diffs that fit the standard cj's would be a great help.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Returning after a long hiatus RallyPig 3 757 06-16-2017, 06:15 PM
Last Post: isaacd101
  Coming back to RC after 10 years! kandabashidevil 3 1,448 01-17-2013, 08:10 PM
Last Post: mohdjiman