Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RMX S 2.0
Thinking about getting an RMX S 2.0 anyone here have one and your thoughts on it. My local track is polished concrete, how well does it drift right out of  the box?
Gramps
---------------------------------------------------
MST RMX 2.0S 
MST FXX-D
Exceed RC MadPulse awd

(06-07-2017, 08:31 PM)Gramps50 Wrote:  Thinking about getting an RMX S 2.0 anyone here have one and your thoughts on it. My local track is polished concrete, how well does it drift right out of  the box?
I have driven a couple of them with different setups. The car performs well out of the box. The best setup I like so far is the top motor mount with shorty lipo. The car has very good angle out of the box.

The cars downside is that you have a fixed caster and the hop ups are pricey. If you can still get a set with free aluminium shocks it will be the best. Those are the pre order sets.

Performance of the car. Trying to be fair considering all electronics equal. This car would outperform the yd2 base car. Way way way better then then the d4.

Price for hop ups in my area
MST aluminium knuckles USD 100
MST lower arm USD 100
MST trf 60 USD 62
MST gyro UsD 65

Sent from my Lenovo P1a42 using Tapatalk
Team Magic - E4D(4) RWD - Sakura D4 RWD
Performs exceptionally wll on concrete with the stock setup and MST Gyro. Needs weight up front for carpet but otherwise, no other adjustments are really needed. Only thin i did outside of the stock setup is the top mount motor. Everyone i know that has a yd2 says may car is way better than theirs.
rmx is great out of the box ..
Finally got my hands on one and I am very happy with it's performance. I used the low motor mount and build it according to the instruction manual. Put some Yokomo DSC's on the rear and MST silver dot on the front. Tried it with the DSC's all the way around and like the SD's on the front better.
Gramps
---------------------------------------------------
MST RMX 2.0S 
MST FXX-D
Exceed RC MadPulse awd

(10-23-2017, 07:02 PM)Gramps50 Wrote:  Finally got my hands on one and I am very happy with it's performance. I used the low motor mount and build it according to the instruction manual. Put some Yokomo DSC's on the rear and MST silver dot on the front. Tried it with the DSC's all the way around and like the SD's on the front better.

we run a tile surface .. i use yokomo c carpet/tiles on rear and mst cs red dots on front .. the RMX is great handling chassis