RMX S2.0 vs. FMX-D?

10 Replies, 7068 Views

Hello I'm getting into rc drifting after a long hiatus so I thought about asking if someone in their local track has a FMX-D and RMX 2.0S? Personally I think FMX-D weight is distributed better than RMX S 2.0 and that's prob the only reason I would see myself buying the FMX-D over the RMX S 2.0 but Im not that experienced nor I ever drove the both chassis. Can someone enlighten me on this topic?
I have a FXX-D and really like it. Handles better that my YD-2. A couple of the guys at my track have RMX 2.0's and really like them. They are both experienced drifters and been doing it for a long time. All I have heard is they drift great out of the box. I'll be ordering one as soon as my LHS gets them in stock again.

Thinking of selling the YD2
Gramps
---------------------------------------------------
MST RMX 2.0S 
MST FXX-D
Exceed RC MadPulse awd

My rmx2.0 s comes in today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm just now getting into rc drift. Jeez I'm excited

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
When the YD-2 came, it was a new fresh input to the RWD genre, but the chassis has a lot of flex and it kinda just want's to drive at high angle that it feels unreal to me and it is too easy for me.

I sold it and were ready for the RMX 2.0, and to put it bluntly - It's amazing!

The chassis is so stiff, that even though a carbon conversion is coming (chassis and middle section) and shock towers, it would only serve a better looking chassis.

After we came home from Holland (D1-10 VM) i've had time to setup it to our polished concrete track and it drives so much better than initial thought. It even surprizes the guys that have the new Overdose Vacula and drives on pair with proximity and aggressivness that it is amazing what you get for that kind of money.

But that being said, i also drive a XXX-D Vip for CS and i really like that 50/50 weight, so after i have tried a FMX, that is the rwd chassis for me, perfectly centered weight and it drives like my style. But when we are returning to Holland next year, i might have a RMX 2.0 fully spec only because it has so much grip than FMX does.
MST XXX-D VIP - CS 2.0 - Main

MST FMX-D PRO - RWD - Main

MST RMX-S 2.0 - RWD - Secondary
(06-23-2017, 02:30 PM)Seriogadfgh Wrote: Personally I think FMX-D weight is distributed better than RMX S 2.0 and that's prob the only reason I would see myself buying the FMX-D over the RMX S 2.0 but Im not that experienced nor I ever drove the both chassis. Can someone enlighten me on this topic?

The FMX's is really great, first time i drove one, it was fully upgraded and it amazed me how much it feels like my CS XXX-D Vip - That style with 50/50 weight just calls to me, but that being said, it's not as fast as the RMX-S 2.0 because of the weight distribution.

The new RMX-S 2.0 out of the box is amazing, wonderfull adjustments to be made and very stiff for a plastic chassis. That makes the shocks have to do all the work and then you can tune it.

If you think about the money, a RMX-S 2.0 to €200 and a FMX for €350 it kinda equals out because the carbon conversion for the RMX is soon coming, and even though there is no price on it yet, it wouldn't surprize me if it were priced at €135 because that's what MST wants for the new centered lower plate to the old RMX 1.0, so the only difference is that it's missing Alu shock absorbers and carbon shock towers, but that's it.

If i was beginning into the hobby, i would choose the RMX for it's price and it's plastic design since the FMX is a Pro chassis so the steeper price may be hard to justify.

Later on one could discover what kind of chassis is the one for you. For me i've tried XXX, RMX 1.0, Dib 2.0 and FS-01D, a lot of money spent but now i finally know what i want, FMX-D Pro is my main RWD chassis, XXX-D for Countersteering and for Worlds, i'll have the RMX to be competitive.

(This post was last modified: 07-04-2017, 08:54 AM by Woodsnail.)
Thank you very much man <3 I've read the both posts and from what I understood is that RMX 2.0 is more aggressive and less grippy on the track. Both chassis in my opinion are really attractive cause of their distinguished pluses and makes me wanna buy them both Big Grin. As you said the RMX 2.0 is a perfect choice for a starter (or a enthusiast returning to the hobby) Smile . Great information. Recommend reading that long post for anyone having this question Smile. 10/10
Quote: RMX 2.0 is more aggressive and less grippy on the track.

If you think about it - it's actually the other way around - let me explain.

Anytime you move the motor further to the front your reaction time has to be faster because the the front axle is "duh" the first axle to react to directional changes etc. :=):

The FMX since it has the motor in the middle it's having the perfect balance and are able to flick fast and that would challenge a few experinced drivers.

The RMX is a bit lazy, flicks slowly and are "easier" to drive, with 40/60 is does have that advantage with being fast mid and late/out of the corner and who ever can be close and do the exactly the same as the leader wins.

(This post was last modified: 08-15-2017, 05:01 PM by Woodsnail.)
Appears that MST is working on a FMX 2.0

http://www.rc-mst.com/news_info.php?sn=136&rank=3
Gramps
---------------------------------------------------
MST RMX 2.0S 
MST FXX-D
Exceed RC MadPulse awd

I think I'll wait a month or two till they release it and later on I'll check the people's thoughts about this upcoming chassis Smile). Can't wait for it!