Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rs4 Sport 3
Hi everyone

I'm new here and still pretty new to rc cars. Is it possible to counter steer the rs4 sport 3 by over driving the rear or under driving the front? I've been searching but can't find anywhere someone has done it to an hpi shaft driven car.
I have not heard of or seen it done before, but I'm sure it's possible.
HPI Sprint 2 Flux - full carbon fiber/aluminum upgrades 50/50
HPI Sprint 2 Flux - RWD project
HPI RS4 Sport 3  - carbon fiber/aluminum shelf queen
Any idea how I might go about doing it?
You'd have to find gears of the right tooth count you're looking for that match the pitch and mounting points as your HPI parts. Or, if you're lucky and can completely replace the entire drivetrain including shafts and everything with one that's already setup for CS.
Either way it's going to require a lot of trial and error and precise measuring.
Honestly, you'd probably be better off going with another chassis as you'd still have to widen your steering angle AND if you plan on running this chassis outside the steering setup sucks for that. It's basically an indoor only chassis. I personally have already designated mine as a shelf queen before I even ever ran it outside or really drifted it. It just doesn't have the support (yet) for true drifting capabilities.
HPI Sprint 2 Flux - full carbon fiber/aluminum upgrades 50/50
HPI Sprint 2 Flux - RWD project
HPI RS4 Sport 3  - carbon fiber/aluminum shelf queen