RWD on the cheap: HPI E10 - No joke/Don't laugh!

23 Replies, 33148 Views

A friend of mine just built a 3d printer, so I am going to see if he will make me a custom set of bellcranks! And I just sold my D3, so until I replace it with another CS car all I have to play with is this rear wheel drive... look for updates in the coming days.
A lot of great work and effort! If I still had my E-10, I would like to give this mod a try to get more angle.
DRB TCFD TB EVO4 PRO4
RC Drifting Yokosuka FB
YouTube
[Image: 9020124853_46e995567c.jpg]
I did this to my e10 the other day running it with out a gyro its so much more realistic then 50/50 ive seen a few vids on youtube of e10s with the servo infront of the front diff housing with tie rods directly attached to the servo horn think i might give it a go what do you think also what tires do you recommend my hpis are way to slippery for anything high speed or high angle
I have a few questions on battery set up and a brushless combo.nice write up by the way I did this set up but I ended up using stock mount hole for steering rods do to geometry and a different Hitec servo that was just as good.and I have thought of mounting motor in front also but not too much into modding motor mount I have also woundered about using tamiya or yokomo parts on it for instance in switching from screw hubs to nut hubs for cosmetics.
E10 was definitely a disappointment but I'm happy someone did a write up
On this mod cuz that way I could follow it without much
Trial and error
Thanks for the post! I think I'll do this to my E10 instead of buying a new chassis for CS.
Looks good! Keep posting vids as you get more time with it, I'd love to see the possibilities of this set up.

(07-26-2013, 10:11 PM)Domesticated Wrote: A friend of mine just built a 3d printer, so I am going to see if he will make me a custom set of bellcranks! And I just sold my D3, so until I replace it with another CS car all I have to play with is this rear wheel drive... look for updates in the coming days.

Let me know how it turns out, there is a commercial 3D Printer business here in Chicago that I've been meaning to commission parts for me and it'd be great to have a template to base off of.
(This post was last modified: 01-05-2014, 06:34 PM by Scooter.)
Any recomondations for tires?Im running factory rims though I am going to go to a 20t
For now and then later go brushless I may go traxxas if they have what I need
Have you changed to oil filled shocks?I have to put mine to the side right now.
All I need now is a gyro and some oil shocks do you guys have any recomondations?and do you know where I can find aluminum camber arms?
^^^Yeah racing sells them for the E10 through EBay or RCMart.

To the OP, If you're still looking for an aluminum bellcrank system, hot racing sells just the bellcrank conversion on EBay. It's the least expensive option, but I think it would suit your needs just fine. Yeah racing also sells an aluminum bellcrank set with adjustable turnbuckles. There's also an HPI japan option (expensive, hard to find) & options from atomic racing (hard to find)

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
Current Chassis:Team Magic E4-FS, Team Magic E4D-MF Pro
Any updates on this?
MST FXX-D S - RWD - Drift Slut --- Project
Associated TC4 - 50/50 - Rally car conversion --- Project
that is a very mods you have!!! i really luvs to see this kind of work.. nicely done keep it up and keep updating ^_^
Eagle Racing TT01 Mid-Ship Ver 2 CS 77%
Eagle Racing R31-RWD