Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RWD Rookie, Question about Gyro Gain.
Magic8ball 
Hi everyone on DM. I'm new to rws rc drifting and got myself a FXX-D S. Out of the box, the lsd 2.0 gyro seems to be too sensitive  (for me), so I turned it down. Without knowing exactly what gain percentage I was at, I turned it all the way down to zero (light off) then turned it back up a little. Was wondering if this is a good start? I spinned out a lot and had to go easier on my throttle finger (cs drift habbit?) With my throttle  dual rate set to 60%. The car is controllable now. But is it normal that when gyro kicks in, I tried to steer the opposite way that gyro is and can barely pass neutral point on steering?
Here is a short clip of my car hopefully to show how sensitive it is right now. It's rainy here so I havent got to take the car outside yet.
Any suggestions and input will be greatly appreciated!

Good day, Ti.

https://youtu.be/gplpdYj-QWs
[Image: aa.jpg]
Looking at the video I would say that you can double the gain, so that the wheels countersteer about twice the angle you have it set to now; when you wiggle the tail like in the video.
It is normal that you feel the gyro interfering a lot when starting out with RWD. - That is because you don´t have the right timing in your steering fingers yet. - If you would be steering "100% correct" the gyro would not even react, so it comes down to practice. Once you got the feel for it you don´t fight the gyro anymore. - For a start just go slow with the steering, like in a real drift car let the steering automatically find its position and catch it at the right angle. Just follow the steering angle, the gyro tries to set, slowly with the steering on the remote. ;)
(09-19-2016, 03:02 PM)Davis Wrote:  Looking at the video I would say that you can double the gain, so that the wheels countersteer about twice the angle you have it set to now; when you wiggle the tail like in the video.
It is normal that you feel the gyro interfering a lot when starting out with RWD. - That is because you don´t have the right timing in your steering fingers yet. - If you would be steering "100% correct" the gyro would not even react, so it comes down to practice. Once you got the feel for it you don´t fight the gyro anymore. - For a start just go slow with the steering, like in a real drift car let the steering automatically find its position and catch it at the right angle. Just follow the steering angle, the gyro tries to set, slowly with the steering on the remote. ;)

Thanks for the input. I have also tried practicing without the gyro on and was able to do donuts and figure 8 pretty consistently. The only problem with the high gyro gain is it seems to drive the car for me... kinda like when i try to swing the opposite way for a figure 8, my servo won't listen because of the gyro. I found that at that setting in the video, i am able to do small or bug figure 8 by controlling by steering angle and throttle. I found that with rwd you dont need that much throttle like a CS setup.

Ti.
[Image: aa.jpg]