Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RWD surface/chassis questions
Hi all,

Just had a few questions in relation to the surface for RWD. Im lucky to have a couple of areas at my house that i currently use a CS setup. Ive been away from RC for a while and have returned to see that RWD dominates so i am willing to give it a go.

From what i understand its essential that the surfaces used for RWD must be completly smooth. The area that id like to use at my house is a fairly flat and fairly smooth concrete area. However it is definitely a different surface to the ones i come across on youtube that are smooth polished concrete. 

Ive attached a photo of the area, let me know your thoughts on if this would be a good area to practice RWD. 

Im yet to purchase a chassis and i feel as if the surface/area i have to play with is the only thing holding me back right now.
Yokomo is supported quite well in my area so i am looking at a yokomo YD2S Plus for a chassis. Any recommendations for tyres/motor/gyro would also be appreciated.
Happy to spend money for good quality product the first time round also.

Thanks 
Alex

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What tires do you run & on what surface?? robb41488 120 42,716 10-12-2017, 05:33 AM
Last Post: jirdano
  which chassis parts wear out fastest and other questions exwhyzed 5 1,346 06-12-2016, 07:17 AM
Last Post: exwhyzed
  Yoko/MST chassis choices+questions teshi 16 4,215 05-15-2013, 12:48 PM
Last Post: multi-bash
  Track surface boyna13 6 3,543 01-21-2013, 03:03 PM
Last Post: rudeboy03