RWD TC5

5 Replies, 3004 Views

Here is my current project. I've since learning about RWD cars wanted to try this and further my skill.
Starting with the steering and getting more angle. C-hub delete..have to finish just a couple things and that is complete. My first test with the car are ok, she's just azz happy. I did put a bunch of caster in which calmed down the steering. Any input is appreciated!
[Image: IMG_9473_zps8396495f.jpg]
[Image: IMG_9474_zps03de062f.jpg]
[Image: IMG_9476_zps46629f48.jpg]
[Image: IMG_9477_zpsb77c64d1.jpg]
I'd try to retrofit a different steering system, which would allow you to run closer to zero ackerman.
AFRO'S RC CLUB x KERIZMA CLUB x MADHOUSE

Yokomo Type-C - RWD
Wrap-Up Next FR-D - RWD
I would say the steering is one of the hardest parts to figure out. A lot of the spinning out comes from either not having the front tires parallel thru their sweep. if the front wont roll well then the rear is coming around. So if there is toe in or toe out the rear is going to have a hard time pushing it forward. I say look in the rwd society on facebook. There are a lot of pics and videos of different steering systems to get ideas from. Even with that its no easy task. I added you to the facebook group last week.

Promoting radio controlled drifting to the masses since 2009
(This post was last modified: 11-05-2013, 03:23 AM by JustSiDEwayZ.)
Thanks Justin..got it. I'm am thinking of something to do with the steering. I'll drill some new holes in the chassis if I have to Big Grin
move the steering arm closer to the front.. that would most likely give you parallel steering
I made a piece of CF and moved them out...clearance issues on the bulkheads. I need to try something from a 417 or xray