RWD THEORIES

20 Replies, 6351 Views

Just ask me here bro lol. Theres a bunch of people with the d4 they could probably answer questions i cant.
Hpi E10.CSD
Sakura D4 RWD
Since you drive the D4 and its one of my top 3 choices along with the YD-2 and the MST in either the RTR or 2.O version id like to ask you some very important questions.

Please forgive my ignorance...

You can be as simple and direct as you want in answers , the shorter the better. Try and elaborate if possible .

1) I wanted to know , many of the posts about Camber online are outdated , the new posts about D4 , yd-2 and MST 2.0 , hardly mention anything about camber or having the car " HELLAFLUSH " , why is that ?

2) Do the new RWD cars like the D4 need the rear diff locked , or do they come locked , should you lock as advised with older model drift cars ?

3) Does the D4 have the ability to adjust camber and make it drop and "HELLAFLUSH" ?

4) Noticed online i couldn't find any D4 examples of HELLAFLUSHED CARS , do they exist , if no , why ?

5) Does the D4 need C.S , like 1.5 or 2.0 turns for example ? Isn't the entire point of RWD to make it feel real ? Why would you need C.S on a RWD , if that is the case ?

6) Compared to the YD-2 and the MST RTR or the MST RMX 2.0 , how does your D4 match up ? How does it match up in stock compared to all 3 in stock form is what I'm trying to figure out .

I am so lost on this C.S subject , I understand the concept but how does that play into the cars and chassises being released in 2017 that are RWD , very little information on this subject , can you please help out whenever you are free ?

Thank You ...
(09-22-2017, 06:36 PM)madeinjapandad Wrote: Other than the MST releases , the Sakura D4 and the YOKOMO YD-2 (YD-2 EX) , anything else in the market that i should keep my eye on or check out ? Today aside of the YD-2, D4, and RMX-S there is really nothing worth looking at unless you are experienced on chassis building. Part of the reason is because most kits out there require third party parts and quite a lot of know how to put together. That would be more trouble than what it's worth. 

I've been strongly advised to stay from Exceed , HPI and a few other lesser known brands , not because they are bad , but because they simply can't outshine what YOKOMO and MST and Sakura has brought to the table , and so please correct me if I'm wrong on these points. They are steering you right. You can add other brands like Redcat, vaterra, eagle racing. Although eagle racing is selling cheap blinged out chassis, they almost always require upgrades right from the get go. And some of the machining quality is sub par compared to the other high end brands. 

Right now as it stands... Im looking at YOKOMO , which has always been my favourite brand , although i never owned anything by them. Followed by Sakura which i believe to be the best in terms of reputation based on my observations and the MST in 3rd based also on rep and research.
Actually, reputation-wise it would be Yokomo first (because they have been in this hobby for so long and really have the know how), then MST (biggest competition to yokomo and quality is on par, but younger brand), then 3Racing. The sakura is a good low budget chassis, but that actually shows in the parts quality. plastic parts feel cheaper than yokomo and mst. 

In reality though...MST is the only one of the bunch that makes an RTR , and the RTR MST makes isn't on the YD-2 or D4 or MST RMX level , correct ? Stay away from MST RTRs. full of plastic and they are all MS-01D which is already outdated. It's actually not even their own design. It used to be called the Desire SR01 and was made by a Japanese comapny called Spice. Not sure if MST bought the rights to build it, but it's an exact copy of it. Anyway, stay away from their RTRs, they are not worth it at all. 

I did say my preferability was to purchase RTR , other than the MST RTR , anything you'd advise me to look at in terms of RTR ? Only RTR I could think of would be any of the chassis we advised you above in used condition already built by someone who knew what they were doing. Otherwise, not really anything out there.

Which RTR would you purchase (OPEN BUDGET 1000 USD) ? None that I can think of, but with $1k you can build yourself a killer setup that is future proof. 
the YD-2 for about $240 with gyro
a used Futaba 4PL or something like it for close to $100
a cheap sensored brushless combo from hobbyking (trackstar and what not) for about $100
a high torque servo such as feetech or power HD under $40
Then get yourself two lipos (nano tech or gens ace) for about $80
and a good charger $100-250
Then spend the rest on your first body, wheels and tires. You should have some change left to treat yourself to dinner Wink

Thank You for your time , looking forward to your feedback and if you have time , PLEASE , share your experience with HPI , i am truly interested in knowing why they get hammered online , the website HPI has going on , paints them as the leaders of this industry , track wise , seems to be a much different story. Im so curious to know what the best HPI drift out there and how does it compare to others.

Thanks Again...
>> For 3D printed Weight Shift products and more checkout www.oversliders.net <<
If I was helpful to you, make sure to hit the "Rate" button and leave me a positive review, Thank you.
1. Its funtion over form for most people.

2. The d4 diff is locked but you can buy an lsd if you like.

3. Yes camber adjustment is available. Not sure how much negative camber you can go stock. My rear sits flush with -2 degrees. I've never seen someone do hellaflush.

4. Again function over form. Make your car run right first and then make it look pretty if you want.

5. Rwd wasnt always around. CS was to try and make the car oversteer and much as possible without spinning out so they kept the front wheels going with the rear overdriving to make it look more real. And then came rwd.

6. I never drove an mst but from what i see at the track mst seems superior depending on what chassis it is.
Maybe someone else can get more into depth about that lol.
Hpi E10.CSD
Sakura D4 RWD
(09-22-2017, 08:16 PM)Tiger.T Wrote:
(09-22-2017, 06:36 PM)madeinjapandad Wrote: Other than the MST releases , the Sakura D4 and the YOKOMO YD-2 (YD-2 EX) , anything else in the market that i should keep my eye on or check out ? Today aside of the YD-2, D4, and RMX-S there is really nothing worth looking at unless you are experienced on chassis building. Part of the reason is because most kits out there require third party parts and quite a lot of know how to put together. That would be more trouble than what it's worth. 

I've been strongly advised to stay from Exceed , HPI and a few other lesser known brands , not because they are bad , but because they simply can't outshine what YOKOMO and MST and Sakura has brought to the table , and so please correct me if I'm wrong on these points. They are steering you right. You can add other brands like Redcat, vaterra, eagle racing. Although eagle racing is selling cheap blinged out chassis, they almost always require upgrades right from the get go. And some of the machining quality is sub par compared to the other high end brands. 

Right now as it stands... Im looking at YOKOMO , which has always been my favourite brand , although i never owned anything by them. Followed by Sakura which i believe to be the best in terms of reputation based on my observations and the MST in 3rd based also on rep and research.
Actually, reputation-wise it would be Yokomo first (because they have been in this hobby for so long and really have the know how), then MST (biggest competition to yokomo and quality is on par, but younger brand), then 3Racing. The sakura is a good low budget chassis, but that actually shows in the parts quality. plastic parts feel cheaper than yokomo and mst. 

In reality though...MST is the only one of the bunch that makes an RTR , and the RTR MST makes isn't on the YD-2 or D4 or MST RMX level , correct ? Stay away from MST RTRs. full of plastic and they are all MS-01D which is already outdated. It's actually not even their own design. It used to be called the Desire SR01 and was made by a Japanese comapny called Spice. Not sure if MST bought the rights to build it, but it's an exact copy of it. Anyway, stay away from their RTRs, they are not worth it at all. 

I did say my preferability was to purchase RTR , other than the MST RTR , anything you'd advise me to look at in terms of RTR ? Only RTR I could think of would be any of the chassis we advised you above in used condition already built by someone who knew what they were doing. Otherwise, not really anything out there.

Which RTR would you purchase (OPEN BUDGET 1000 USD) ? None that I can think of, but with $1k you can build yourself a killer setup that is future proof. 
a cheap sensored brushless combo from hobbyking (trackstar and what not) for about $100
Then spend the rest on your first body, wheels and tires. You should have some change left to treat yourself to dinner Wink

Thank You for your time , looking forward to your feedback and if you have time , PLEASE , share your experience with HPI , i am truly interested in knowing why they get hammered online , the website HPI has going on , paints them as the leaders of this industry , track wise , seems to be a much different story. Im so curious to know what the best HPI drift out there and how does it compare to others.

Thanks Again...

I've read MANY great replies , this one TOPS them ALL !

I truly do appreciate direct responses that help noobs like myself find direction.

In 24 hours , I've gone from RTR to a 99% chance of getting a kit and help in building it ( its a gift ).

My only concern now is breaking the small parts while putting it together.

Thank you for all this input , its truly appreciated.
(09-22-2017, 08:21 PM)R.SOLO.W Wrote: 1. Its funtion over form for most people.

2. The d4 diff is locked but you can buy an lsd if you like.

3. Yes camber adjustment is available. Not sure how much negative camber you can go stock. My rear sits flush with -2 degrees. I've never seen someone do hellaflush.

4. Again function over form. Make your car run right first and then make it look pretty if you want.

5. Rwd wasnt always around. CS was to try and make the car oversteer and much as possible without spinning out so they kept the front wheels going with the rear overdriving to make it look more real. And then came rwd.

6. I never drove an mst but from what i see at the track mst seems superior depending on what chassis it is.
Maybe someone else can get more into depth about that lol.

Supposedly , according to vids I've seen on youtube , SAKURA has a recent answer to the YD-2 , and the MST 2.0 , any opinion on this ?

Thank You....

Any pix of your ride looking FLUSH ?
Im on my phone and its crap cuz it wont let me upload. But i'll see what i can do
Hpi E10.CSD
Sakura D4 RWD
(09-22-2017, 08:16 PM)Tiger.T Wrote:

GOT IT...

GOT IT...

Aren't the YD-2 and RMX 2.0 Plastic too ? Are the MST RTRs basin and body made from the same plastic as the MST RMX 2.0 ? Or are the MST RTRs made from a cheaper plastic than the RMX ? I'm assuming you are saying YOKOMO uses the best quality plastic ?

FULL OF PLASTIC ? RENT THEY ALL ? LOL...IM CONFUSED NOW ! WAIT AND HOW ARE ALL MST RTRs MS-01D ?

WAIT...PLEASE...EXPLAIN...SOMEONE I HAVE BEEN SPEAKING TO ON THIS SUBJECT CLEARLY STATED : The XXX-D is a GREAT RTR , if not one of the BEST out in the market. Although he did mention it would never match up to the MST RMX 2.0 , especially because of the weight issue and the motor of the RTR being in the front amongst other things. So how are they all MS-01D ? The XXX-D isn't the same as the outdated MS-01D , can you kindly clear this up ? Thank You so much . 

GOT IT !

Thanks for all the advice , its you guys I owe dinner .

Thanks Again...
Current fitment

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hpi E10.CSD
Sakura D4 RWD
(09-24-2017, 08:54 AM)R.SOLO.W Wrote: Current fitment

Thank You , cool pix , I am super pumped for this purchase because of you guys , and the market seems just right with YOKOMO and MSTs latest releases. 

Ive always been convinced if they wanted to , these RC companies could give us AAA cars , but that would put them out of business , so they always give us something , and take away something else , the full kit/car is NEVER complete... This time , YOKOMO and MST seem to have hit the MARK.