RWD tournament rules?

4 Replies, 2128 Views

Hey everyone,
I'm getting ready to start an actual RWD class for the competitions that my league is hosting. I'm wondering what the actual rules are for RWD. Are gyros allowed? Example, in a tandem battle the lead car has a gyro vs the follow car does not. How would you judge the competition fairly? Would you just say that to be competitive the use of a gyro on RWD vehicles is strongly advised?
PS. This isn't a post asking whether a gyro is or isn't correct, so please don't turn this into a thread criticizing the use of a gyro is incorrect. We are talking about RWD, so be considerate. Thank you.
Yes gyro is ok. But there should be a gyro v.s. non-gyro class. Actually RWD RULES should have less restrictions on motor turns (A faster motor won't help).
Mainly judge angle, speed, style and proximity. Style should be as realistic to full scale drifting as possible. Crabbing is not cool!

The chassis should behave and move as much like 1:1 drifting as can be achieved. Less emphasis on speed and angle and more on proximity, style and scale realism while running.
Team Ghost Drift
[Image: TGD+official+WHITE+side+decal+Osaka-Sans...+edit1.png]
MST FS-01D cs@2.0
Yokomo DRB cs@1.8
Eagle  R31 RWD
(This post was last modified: 12-09-2014, 04:43 AM by rudeboy03.)
Imo there should only be one rwd class because i can count the number of rwd cars without a gyro on one hand so you wouldn't get enough entries for 2 classes. If they are good enough to drive a rwd without a gyro they are probably good enough to compete with guys who do run them since it is way harder to drift a rwd without a gyro. Like rudeboy said i don't think there should be a limit on the motor used but maybe set a control tyre for the surface your running.
(12-09-2014, 05:47 AM)Hdfanboy Wrote: Imo there should only be one rwd class because i can count the number of rwd cars without a gyro on one hand so you wouldn't get enough entries for 2 classes. If they are good enough to drive a rwd without a gyro they are probably good enough to compete with guys who do run them since it is way harder to drift a rwd without a gyro. Like rudeboy said i don't think there should be a limit on the motor used but maybe set a control tyre for the surface your running.

I would agree about the w/o gyro entries. I would say RWD chassis w/o gyros are welcome.  But the gyro's would clearly have an advantage and speed.  This way those who don't have a gyro on can be the underdog.  Underdog's are always interesting.  
Team Ghost Drift
[Image: TGD+official+WHITE+side+decal+Osaka-Sans...+edit1.png]
MST FXX-D VIP|MST FXX-D S|MST XXX-D S HT
Gyroless isn't feasible. The issue with running without one is that on a 1:1 car, the car will hold the angle when you let go of the wheel, a 1:10 without a gyro simply won't. It's unrealistic, and needlessly difficult.

Match tire compounds to something similar, and go from there. Shouldn't need to be too many other restrictions. Then judge as you wish.