Sakura D3

9 Replies, 5591 Views

Looking into getting the sakura d3 cs in a week or two but would like to know what are some essential upgrades i need out of the box so i can just make it one big order. been hearing alot about a belt tensioner and a front one way but havnt heard about anything else? if you have any input plz give me a heads up thanks.
I'm sure there are full threads already on the D3. But from what I know about it all you need is front one way and some people need another tensioner.   But you can always get fancy  and  upgrade to the carbon fiber/pink alluminum parts.
you really need to check the threads in the D3 section I'm pretty sure all these questions have already been covered
i read through most but was looking for other opinions
ok if you post in the D3 thread people with D3's will see it easier sorry to break your balls bro
lol thank god there made of steel xD np brah
here is the link to the thread
so i am still in process of finalizing my D3 and its my very first rc car ever so ill be nice a fill you in on some wonkiness.

1. as you probably know the center belt sags like crazy. there are free ways to fix this and ways with hop ups but all together its any easy fix.

2. the kit does not come with enough damper oil, so make sure you have some extra.

3. the dampers themselves are an an odd threading and the springs are an odd size so dont expect to be able to transfer parts from Sakura to other brands and vice versa. i recommend either getting a totally different damper set or buying only sakura hop up parts for your dampers.

4. the rear suspension comes pre set with 3* toe in and the plastic parts aren't the best so consider buying the aluminum replacement parts.

5. personally my front wheels chatter a ton when at full lock but from what i understand this is only a problem for some D3 owners and i think it is fixed by using the Sakura hop up steering arm.

I hope this helps and feel free to ask about anything else troubling.

-Cheers.
1. FOW, will solve chatter, if not you did something wrong
2. 30wt or preference shock oil and some springs! Goes from shit dampers to TRF-like
3. Turnbuckles
4. Atleast hop-up the front, Wide angle pieces after you have become familiar with CS
5. Drift
Team Ghost Drift
[Image: tgdofficialwhitesidedec.png]
TeamGhostDrift@gmail.com
https://www.facebook.com/bostontgd
I had a hell of a time trying to tune mine with limited parts available a few weeks ago. Heres what I considered essential.

1. 3Racing (SAK-59/V2/PK) FOW
2. 3Racing (SAK-D313/V2/PK) Rear bulkhead bearing housing
3. 3Racing (3RAC-3PY/13) aluminum pulley (3) the stock pulleys are horrible and these install via set screw and not POS spring pins
4. 3Racing (3RAC-3PY/22) not needed but makes nice eye candy
5. 3Racing (SAK-D114) front belt
6. 3Racing (SAK-D115) rear belt
7. 3Racing (SAK-D116) center belt (FYI... always good to have a spare belt)
8. 3Racing (SAK-D310/PK) aluminum steering rack (takes the slop out. You can put a small 1mm washer under each of the stock posts as well)
9. 3Racing (SAK-D331) wide angle shaft CVD (even with the FOW removing 90% of the chatter you need this to totally eliminate it
10. Silicone shock oil. You can start with 30 all around but I promise you will end up making the front stiffer than the rear. I run 20 rear and 45 front.
11. Springs... the stock rears are fine because they are soft. I used the medium and or stiff springs from Sakura up front depending on carpet or concrete.

DO NOT BUY the SSK double jointed shafts. I blew those up within 3 mins I was soo pissed! Its part #(SAK-X27)

About the chatter... you wont spend much time at full lock. I really only am fully locked to transition or make a major correction on my angle if I come in way to sydewayz!

DO NOT BUY
Sakura D3 85% CS - Losi SCTE - Spektrum DX3R Pro
(This post was last modified: 05-11-2013, 05:03 PM by SydeshowMO.)